Weight loss stopped

Options
Hello everyone,
I am 25 yrs old 5ft 5 inch student and I have been doing dieting for more than a month with intake daily intake of 1200 calories which include 90-110 gm of carb, 27-37 gm of fat and 100-130 gm of protein.
In first 18 days I lost 5 kgs and then in next 18 days I lost only 1.5 kgs.
I dont do any exercise, I only do walking daily for 30-45 mins with 1 km per 13 mins speed..

Anybody has any idea about this that initially weight drop is steep and then it slows down or I am doing something wrong or I have to be patience for 3-4 months more?
I tried this many times before and everytime this is the case that I dont loose weight after sometime.
Any advice will be appreciable :)

Replies

• adilrafi93
    adilrafi93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Actually when I started my weight was 82 and now I am 76.
    Thankyou all of you for your advice.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents worth... I'm one of those folks who wants to know why and so here is my understanding of what is happening with your weight drop. The first week or two your body tends to let go of alot of water weight. It's kinda saying "what the heck is going on here!" After that it accepts the change and puts the water back. Meanwhile you are losing fat. So the slow drop seems depressing but it's actually a good thing. You are probably losing more fat than you think and the initial drop was probably more water than you thought. Give it time my friend it will level out and I agree with @kimny72 that a pound a week is reasonable. 1200 calories is pretty low and you may find in time you want to move that up 100 or so and lose a bit slower. Take your time and learn what you can as you go.