just for today..

Options
I originally wrote a long intro. Yeah, try not to do that on a smart phone. My phone ate my intro! My name is sara, I'm new. I have 100+ to lose, but I'm taking it a day at a time, and focusing more on Inches lost. I have a pair of jeans that's semi-comfortably tight right now, and my first goal is just to have them fit right by this time next month. Its about baby steps. And i have FINALLY learned how to utilize the support system, or 'buddy' system. In the past, if I didn't have the motivation to exercise, I hid my head in the sand. I pretended id miraculously become motivated 'tomorrow'. And tomorrow never came. Now I'm all about focusing on Today. If I lack ambition one day, I'm no longer afraid to admit it to my boyfriend, or a buddy.. and more importantly, to Ask for Help. More often than not, just expressing my feelings out loud will make me realize that I obviously know what I SHOULD be doing, and what will make me proud of myself in the long run. After all, I never regret working out. And I almost always regret missing my workout.

Replies

• alibeany
    alibeany Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hi gypsy,
    Iive got 100lb to lose as well. feel free to add me,:happy:
  • taraodowd
    taraodowd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HI

Welcome to MFP, I'm sure you'll find the support & motivation buddies you need here. I'm like you, I pretended for ages that my motivation to diet & workout would just appear as if by some sort of miracle, but it never did, so MFP is my way of being accountable for my actions. So far I've found this site amazing and I'm sure you will too. Good luck on your journey, feel free to friend me if you're looking for a weight loss buddy :)

Tara
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I will add you =]
  • melissarudden
    melissarudden Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Very wise words and much luck to you! Add me if you like. I'm starting up with MFP again myself with the added addition of the Cinch Inch Diet Plan because I like you, am interested in losing inches! :-D

Yours in Health and Prosperity,

Melissa
    Want to know more about me? find me on twitter: @thetaoofhelath and @mrudden