Looking for easy vegan/vegetarian recipes

Options
crazy4equines
crazy4equines Posts: 8 Member
Hey everyone, I'm looking for easy vegan or vegetarian recipes to incorporate into my diet 3 to 4 times a week. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of really good resources online (sorry, I know this is the easy answer) and there are also vegan and vegetarian threads and groups on mfp that would be able to help you out with some recipes. I'm vegetarian and eat vegan most of the time and typically keep my own meals pretty simple so I'd be happy to help.
  • crazy4equines
    crazy4equines Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will look into the groups. I have pinned alot on Pinterest but I get tired of looking there. I was just thinking if there was some already tried out ones that people liked. I get bored with the same ole same ole, lol..
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    Here are two easy recipes.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/9558-takeout-style-sesame-noodles

To keep the mejadra recipe simple, don't bother deep frying the onions yourself. Buy fried shallots in the SE Asia section of an asian supermarket.
    https://www.recipetineats.com/middle-eastern-rice-mejadra/
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I made this easy recipe today, and it was so delicious! I’m not always a seeet potato fan because many recipes just make them way too sweet. The Mexican flavors in this dish are the perfect balance to the sweetness.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/loaded-baked-sweet-potato/
  • dearspirit
    dearspirit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The Easy Vegan
    Hot For Food
    Chef Ani

These are my 3 go to people for vegan recipes on Youtube! All their recipes have been good.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just had my lunch (vegan) and had a HUGE sweet potato chopped into chips, tossed with a drizzle of oil, salt, pepper, agave nectar and five spice. Served with peas and homemade hummus I made in about 1 minute. A whole tin of chickpeas, 2 garlic gloves, salt, pepper and 1.5 tsp of smooth peanut butter ((wasn't going to add but I added all the chickpea water so it was a bit runny and needed thickening))! Was amazing.
  • allarounddice
    allarounddice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I made roasted butternut squash yesterday for lunch. I peeled the outside, then split the squash and scooped out the seeds in the middle. Then I cut it up into 1 inch cubes. Drizzled olive oil, kosher salt, ground pepper, and chili powder. I cooked them about 45 minutes on 400 flipping them over in the middle. I like my food a little crunchy. It was pretty tasty!
  • victoriaxclaire
    victoriaxclaire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    here is one of my favourite recipes, its also really easy to make!
    https://www.thissavoryvegan.com/vegan-buffalo-cauliflower-tacos/
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You asked for it! Here are my faves :)

COWBOY CAVIAR

1 can black beans, drained
    1 can white corn, drained
    2 avocados, diced
    2 roma tomatoes, diced
    1 bunch green onions, tops only, diced
    Mix together and stir in the vinaigrette:
    ¼ cup roasted garlic avocado oil (Olive Cart sells it, otherwise use EVOO)
    ¼ cup red wine vinegar
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder

VEGETARIAN CHILI

1 ½ cups cooked kidney beans
    1 ½ cups cooked pinto beans
    1 can Dakota Pride Mild Chili Beans (my secret weapon-only thing I buy at Aldi’s)
    1 onion, diced
    2 green bell peppers, diced
    1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
    2 ½ cups water
    1 tblsp chix bullion powder (vegan)
    1 tblsp chili powder
    1 tblsp garlic salt
    1 tblsp cumin

Bring everything to a boil and cook until onions and peppers are soft – about 15 minutes.

RATATOUILLE HOAGIE

Dice & saute up in a tablespoon of olive oil:

1 eggplant
    1 zucchini
    1 green pepper
    1 onion
    1 clove garlic, minced

Once everything is getting fairly cooked, add in a can of diced tomatoes with juice and a couple tablespoons of tomato paste. Season with salt & pepper, basil and parsley. I like to toast hoagie buns, load them with this, add (vegan) mozzarella and put under the broiler for just a minute - until the cheese is melted.

VEGGIE OVERLOAD “SPAGHETTI”

1 Tbsp Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or regular EVOO)
    1 Onion, diced
    1 medium bell pepper, diced
    2 medium Zucchini, spiralized, juilienned or shredded in a food processor
    2 large Carrots, spiralized, juilienned or shredded in a food processor
    3 cloves Garlic, minced
    10 oz jar sliced Mushrooms
    1 can (15 oz) Tomato Sauce, no salt added
    1 can (15 oz) Diced Tomatoes, no salt added - DO NOT DRAIN
    2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
    2 Tbsp Flaxmeal
    1 Tbsp dried Basil
    1 Tbsp dried Parsley
    Salt & Pepper to taste
    Nutritional Yeast (optional)
    Crushed Red Pepper flakes (optional)

Saute onion and bell pepper in oil until translucent. Add zucchini, carrots and garlic and saute for about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of nutritional yeast and red pepper flakes.

BAKED TOFU

Press a block of Lite Firm Tofu to remove as much water as possible. Cut into 4 "patties". Spray a baking sheet with EVOO. Mix together 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce and 1/2 tsp liquid smoke. Brush onto both sides of the patties, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Give one more quick spritz of EVOO. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Flip over and bake additional 15 minutes.

TOFUNA

1 batch Baked Tofu - roughly break them up and pulse them in a food processor. Put into a mixing bowl and add:

1 celery stalk, finely diced
    1/2 cup vegan mayo
    3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
    2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
    salt & pepper to taste

Mix thoroughly and thoroughly enjoy!

AVOCADO TOFU SANDWICH

Baked Tofu (cut into patties)

Avocado "mayo": Mash 1 avocado and combine with 1 T red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and parsley. Use this in place of mayo.

Serve in a pita with a slice of tomato.

DEVILISH CHICK SPREAD

3 cups chickpeas, cooked
    1 cup vegan mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon yellow mustard
    1 teaspoon curry powder
    Season Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    2 tablespoons finely chopped chives

Combine everything except chives in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse on and off until the mixture is nicely melded, but don’t puree—leave a little texture. Add the chives through the feed tube and pulse on and off a few times to whirl in.

THREE BEAN SALAD

1.5 cups cooked kidney beans
    1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
    2 cups cooked green beans
    1/2 white onion, finely diced
    1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced

Dressing:

2 T olive oil
    2 T apple cider vinegar
    parsley, salt & pepper to taste

Mix dressing, stir in beans, onion and bell pepper and let marinate for at least 2 hours.

LOADED BAKED SWEET POTATO

(ingredients listed tops 2 sweet potatoes):

Combine 1/4 cup beans (red, black, white, pinto...your choice), 1 diced tomato, 1/2 diced onion, 1 tablespoon ground flax, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix it all up and top the sweet potatoes.

I usually just stab the potatoes with a fork several times and microwave them for 10 minutes and they turn out perfect!

PONZU STIR-FRY SAUCE

I heat up a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, 1 can of chinese veggies (drained), 1 can of water chestnuts (drained), then pour the following sauce. I know stir-fry is supposed to be quick-cooking, but after I pour my sauce on, I like to keep it on the heat for about 5 minutes, stirring the sauce around and letting it soak in to the veggies.

Whisk together:

1 tsp ginger
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tbsp light agave
    4 tbsp soy sauce
    2 tbsp ponzu sauce
    1 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
    1 tsp corn starch

EASY PEANUT NOODLES FOR ONE

2 oz Soba noodles
    1 cup frozen broccoli
    2 T smooth peanut butter
    1 T soy sauce
    1 T water
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    red pepper flakes (to your liking)

To prepare noodles, boil water in medium sauce pan. Once boiling, lower temp to medium and add noodles and set timer for 6 minutes. After 2 minutes, add broccoli into a small steamer and place on top of the noodles. Keep an eye on it, as it likes to boil over. While noodles and broccoli are cooking, in a single serving bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir until smooth sauce consistency. When noodles and broccoli are done, drain, add to bowl and stir together. Top with red pepper flakes.

EASY BLACK BEAN CHILI

4 cups cooked black beans
    1 jar (16 oz) of your favorite salsa
    1 diced onion
    2 diced green bell peppers
    2 cups water
    ½ Tblsp cumin
    2 tsp garlic powder

Combine all ingredients and cook on medium-high (low boil) until onions and peppers are soft, stirring occasionally. Serve over polenta:

QUINOA VEGGIE PLATE

Ingredients
    1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
    1 cup water
    1 tsp vegan chix bouillion (optional)
    1 cup frozen green beans
    1 cup frozen cut carrots
    1 cup frozen peppers and onions

Sauce (or use your own favorite jarred pasta sauce)
    1/3 cup tomato sauce
    1/3 cup diced tomato with juice
    1 tsp Italian Seasoning
    1 tsp dried minced onion
    Dash of garlic powder
    Salt and Pepper to taste

1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
    Sprinkling of Adobo Seasoning

Directions
    Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add vegan chix flavored bullion, if desired. After boiling, stir in rinsed quinoa, lower heat to medium low, cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes, until quinoa is semi-translucent.

While quinoa is cooking, steam green beans, carrots, peppers and onions for 12 minutes.

For sauce, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, dried minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper and heat on stove for 5 to 10 minutes.*

To plate, divide quinoa onto two plates, top each with half of the veggies and sprinkle on Adobo seasoning. Divide the tomato sauce and pour over each plate and top each one with 1/2 tsp of nutritional yeast.

TOFU SCRAMBLE

1 package Firm Tofu
    1/2 onion, diced
    1/2 bell pepper, diced
    1 can mushrooms, drained
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tsp Turmeric
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp dried oregano
    salt & pepper to taste

Drain and press tofu. While tofu is pressing, saute onion and pepper in your choice of oil or water on medium heat. After translucent, add garlic and mushrooms and saute another minute. Crumble tofu into pan, breaking into pieces that are the size of scrambled egg. Add all the seasonings, stir to combine and heat through, about 5 minutes.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Bean sandwiches are a good lunch option. There are several variations you can do on this, such as BBQ black bean sandwich (https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/5-more-vegan-sandwiches/), this 1930s-era bean or baked bean sandwich (https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/lindas-bean-and-mayonnaise-sandwich-sandwiches-52286), or the old favorite chickpea "chicken" sandwich (It's the same as chicken or tuna salad but with chickpeas instead, and to make it vegan use vegan mayo instead of regular mayo. I've also made it using boiled and crumbled tempeh instead of chickpeas and it was really good.) Tempeh or tofu can also be marinated in a balsamic/olive oil marinade and sauteed, and then put on a sandwich or wrap with vegetables. Or any of these fillings can be put on crackers for a crunchier option, or a salad for a lower-calorie option. There's also the classic peanut or other nut butters, hummus, etc.

Some ideas for vegetarian dinners are: lentil soup or stew, "beef" stew using Gardein Beefless Tips instead of beef, tofu noodle soup (like chicken noodle soup but with tofu), mac and cheese either by itself or (my favorite) topped with tofu instead of meat, butternut squash and cheese pasta, a vegetarian version of pasta e fagoli (pasta with beans), lentil dal with rice, and so on.