Sesame chicken

Options
Hello does anybody know how many calories sesame chicken is from a take out place? Like delivery ? I can't seem to find it on here

Replies

• OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi. It really depends on the take out place. I would recommend seeking a recipe online- one that isn't edited for lower calories or anything- and go by that.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Type "sesame chicken" into the search bar in the food database. It looks like there are tons of entries for it.

schdf30ki0xi.png
  • yanellymay1999
    yanellymay1999 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes but I've read in a article that anything from a take out place can vary! It said it is 800 calories for sesame chicken but I dont know if I believe that ?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I'm assuming this is Chinese takeout? Weigh your portion on a food scale and use a calorie count from a place like Panda Express or PF Changs. It won't be exact, but it'll get you the right ballpark.

This.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes but I've read in a article that anything from a take out place can vary! It said it is 800 calories for sesame chicken but I dont know if I believe that ?

Depends on your portion but unfortunately it doesn't take much sesame chicken before you're at 800 cals. Between the breading and the sugary sauce that's typically used it adds up quick!
  • yanellymay1999
    yanellymay1999 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    AmyC2288 wrote: »

Depends on your portion but unfortunately it doesn't take much sesame chicken before you're at 800 cals. Between the breading and the sugary sauce that's typically used it adds up quick!

Yes that's true. I shared around half with my daughter ! So I just put 600 cals which was the rest of my cal for the day. I will be trying to order healthier options when going out!
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I'm assuming this is Chinese takeout? Weigh your portion on a food scale and use a calorie count from a place like Panda Express or PF Changs. It won't be exact, but it'll get you the right ballpark.

I do this all the time. I (semi) regularly get Chinese takeout/takeaway and local places won't be in there. I pull the list up, figure out the average for restaurants (ignore healthy choice and other similar options), find the one closest to the average for the type I'm getting, and use that - measuring the portion equivalent. Prefer weighted options when possible.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    1603 calories for a full order (547 g), according to the USDA.

Restaurant, Chinese, sesame chicken