Most often, my lunches are:
Veggie loaded shepherds pie;
Rice, meat (chicken breast, pork chop, fast fry steak) and veggies;
Chicken Wraps with Lettuce;
Smoothies;
Boiled eggs, turkey bacon, fruit;
Pasta, tomato sauce, ground beef or turkey;
Etc...

Please share some of your go to balanced lunch ideas or go to quick lunch ideas. 💡 🤗

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Home or work?
  • ReBeccaO1993
    ReBeccaO1993 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Home or work?

The ones I indicated are work. But I’m looking for any ideas, home or work. 😊
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm retired so all my ideas are for me at home. I want 1 starch, 2 veg, and 1 protein on my plate. For starch, I choose either baked potato, rice, quinoa, or bread. For veg, I see what's in the pantry or freezer. For protein, I can have whatever is available. Today that includes salmon, chicken, beef, pork, cod, and shrimp. It's really that haphazard. I keep it varied.

Although, today I had a peanut butter and syrup sandwich on very thin bread. I'm presently on a campaign to reduce the amount of storage space used by food in my house, and the very thin bread is not going to be kept in the pantry after this loaf is gone. My wife prefers regular sliced white bread. One of those is the same calories as 2 of the very thin, so I'll use one of those, folded, when I want 25 grams PB & syrup or honey on bread.
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had a very simple lunch of:

4 oz seared salmon

over a bed of zoodles with basil and parm
  • ReBeccaO1993
    Options
    I'm retired so all my ideas are for me at home. I want 1 starch, 2 veg, and 1 protein on my plate. For starch, I choose either baked potato, rice, quinoa, or bread. For veg, I see what's in the pantry or freezer. For protein, I can have whatever is available. Today that includes salmon, chicken, beef, cod, and shrimp. It's really that haphazard. I keep it varied.

I feel like keeping it varied is KEY to sticking to good eating habits. Thanks for your comment. 😊
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've been roasting a vast quantity of veggies every Sunday. This week's was brussel sprouts, fennel garlic, onions, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Roasted 2 purple yams...(OMG LOVE LOVE PURPLE YAMS!) paired with chicken.

I also often do chx soup with tons of veggies and beans.

I did a cold quinoa salad w chx, veggies and beans with a zesty dressing of lemon juice, grey poupon and evoo.

I need to find a way to make a Greek yogurt chicken salad that I can palate. I'm a major mayo lover, use copious amounts. I like it with absolutely everything, and grossly using it sparingly doesn't work. Something about chicken salad for lunch!
  • ReBeccaO1993
    Options
    I've been roasting a vast quantity of veggies every Sunday. This week's was brussel sprouts, fennel garlic, onions, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Roasted 2 purple yams...(OMG LOVE LOVE PURPLE YAMS!) paired with chicken.

I also often do chx soup with tons of veggies and beans.

I did a cold quinoa salad w chx, veggies and beans with a zesty dressing of lemon juice, grey poupon and evoo.

I need to find a way to make a Greek yogurt chicken salad that I can palate. I'm a major mayo lover, use copious amounts. I like it with absolutely everything, and grossly using it sparingly doesn't work. Something about chicken salad for lunch!

I’ve never had purple yams and you’re making me want to try them!! Hahaha nice meal ideas thanks !! 😊
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

I need to find a way to make a Greek yogurt chicken salad that I can palate. I'm a major mayo lover, use copious amounts. I like it with absolutely everything, and grossly using it sparingly doesn't work. Something about chicken salad for lunch![/quote]

Are you wanting to add more Greek yogurt because you feel it's healthy or just because you want a lower calorie sub for the mayo?
    I don't really like mayo so it's easier for me to say this is good, but if you are just want lower calorie sub for mayo, have you ever tried making your chicken salad with fat free cook whip? It's definitely a different flavor than mayo chicken salad, but i find I really like the sweeter flavor in chicken salad, especially if you like to mix in fruit like grapes and apples.
    Also, I've made potato salad with no mustard and Greek yogurt substituted for some of the mayo and it's good. This would probably work for chicken salad as well.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My lunch is usually a sandwich, salad or dinner leftovers. I might add some fruit or raw vegetables.
    Occasionally I will do something like zucchini noodles with cooked chicken and marinara sauce with some mozzarella cheese on top. Sometimes I will have a packaged burrito or a can of soup.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of soups. I'll either have a can of light soup or make a pot of my own and bring it in to work with me. Right now I'm having homemade butternut squash chili. Yum! A couple of months ago, I was on a lentil soup kick. It's all good. :)
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've been roasting a vast quantity of veggies every Sunday. This week's was brussel sprouts, fennel garlic, onions, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Roasted 2 purple yams...(OMG LOVE LOVE PURPLE YAMS!

I’ve never had purple yams and you’re making me want to try them!! Hahaha nice meal ideas thanks !! 😊

They have this almost meaty flavor, they are so incredibly delicious. I just add salt.

Be warned, you may need to apply for a second mortgage to buy them, super expensive. $8 for the two yams, I can't remember weight. But I spend so much less overall that I'm buying whatever I enjoy at the supermarket, when normally if be too cheap!
  • ReBeccaO1993
    Options
    I've been roasting a vast quantity of veggies every Sunday. This week's was brussel sprouts, fennel garlic, onions, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Roasted 2 purple yams...(OMG LOVE LOVE PURPLE YAMS!

They have this almost meaty flavor, they are so incredibly delicious. I just add salt.

Be warned, you may need to apply for a second mortgage to buy them, super expensive. $8 for the two yams, I can't remember weight. But I spend so much less overall that I'm buying whatever I enjoy at the supermarket, when normally if be too cheap!

That is expensive! But they could work for the occasional splurge or treat. Thank you so much. 😊
  • ReBeccaO1993
    Options
    I am a huge fan of soups. I'll either have a can of light soup or make a pot of my own and bring it in to work with me. Right now I'm having homemade butternut squash chili. Yum! A couple of months ago, I was on a lentil soup kick. It's all good. :)

Mmmm! Never thought of soup. It can even be frozen to save prep time, thank you so much 😊
  • ReBeccaO1993
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    My lunch is usually a sandwich, salad or dinner leftovers. I might add some fruit or raw vegetables.
    Occasionally I will do something like zucchini noodles with cooked chicken and marinara sauce with some mozzarella cheese on top. Sometimes I will have a packaged burrito or a can of soup.

Sandwiches are an easy one I didn’t think of, and endless possibilities, thank you! And wow zucchini noodles with chicken and marinara sauce sounds DELICIOUS! I’ll definitely try that out 😍
  • twatson4936
    twatson4936 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Taco bell power burrito minus the sour cream and avocado ranch dressing:
    41Carb, 15 fat 27 protein 400 calories. The fat and protein keep me full until dinner with no snacking. It has guacamole which boosts the fat and keeps it plenty moist without the sour cream and avocado ranch. just an idea when you are out and about and can't eat healthier at home.
  • ReBeccaO1993
    Options
    Taco bell power burrito minus the sour cream and avocado ranch dressing:
    41Carb, 15 fat 27 protein 400 calories. The fat and protein keep me full until dinner with no snacking. It has guacamole which boosts the fat and keeps it plenty moist without the sour cream and avocado ranch. just an idea when you are out and about and can't eat healthier at home.

YUM, I love this idea, thank you so much! Will definitely add this to my lunch rotation 😍 sounds filling!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My go to is a large salad with avocado, boca spicy "chicken" patty, tomato, red onion, and ranch greek yogurt dressing.