Healthy products you can find at the store

Options
Does anyone know of some healthy products other then produce that you can find at a local grocery store? Such as diet popcorn, V8, etc.

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Depends on what you consider healthy. Personally, I buy a lot of dairy (milk, yogurt, eggs), meat (beef, chicken, sausage, fish), and certainly some breads, chips, pasta, soups, etc as desired.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I’m confused by the question. All of my food comes from the grocery store?

And this:
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Depends on what you consider healthy. Personally, I buy a lot of dairy (milk, yogurt, eggs), meat (beef, chicken, sausage, fish), and certainly some breads, chips, soups, etc as desired.

Plus beans/lentils a big in my diet. And ice cream.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What do you think you should be eating that you're not finding at the local grocery store?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    The only thing that makes food healthy is it’s portion size.....
    Aside from of course getting optimal macros and micros.....food labeling is a myth and all preferential/ biased to the person
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Depends on your definition of "healthy," and your definition of "grocery store." I buy some food from restaurants or farmers' markets, but I'm not sure where else you would buy food besides a grocery store.

Also, why are V8 and diet popcorn "healthy"? I didn't drink a drop of V8 while I was losing weight, and I hope I never have to drink it. Popcorn that is not marketed as "diet" is perfectly healthy, though it may not fit your calorie goal if you add too much butter or oil.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I consider most anything "healthy", in the proper context and dosage within the diet.

Some "healthy" things I buy at the grocery store which are staples of my diet: coffee, eggs, milk, Greek yogurt, meat (beef, pork, chicken, fish, turkey, sausages, deli meat, bacon), bread, tortillas, ice cream, peanut butter, vegetables and fruits (fresh, frozen and canned), canned tuna, diet soda, unsweetened iced tea, pork rinds, protein bars, chocolate, cheese, crackers, etc.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of some healthy products other then produce that you can find at a local grocery store? Such as diet popcorn, V8, etc.

Healthy is a pretty vague term. To me healthy food or drink would mean the product is helping me meet my nutritional needs, is not contaminated and I am not allergic to it. The store is full of items that meet my definition of healthy including a frozen pizza, loaf of bread, lunchmeat or cottage cheese. Another person might have a more narrow definition of what is healthy to them.

I don't like to drink my calories so buy things like herbal teas in different flavors. I like apple cinnamon or mint.
    I buy plain popcorn kernals. You choose if you will add oil or salt when you cook them.
    I am less likely to overeat pretzels rather than chips or crackers.