Looking for healthy Christmas cookies

Juwel2018
Juwel2018 Posts: 3 Member
As Christmas is slowly coming, I don't want to miss out on some delicious Christmas cookies and cakes. Therefore, I am looking for easy and healthy recipes with a low calorie number. Please help me! Thank you!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    What is "healthy" to you?

Meringues with fake sugar would be low calorie: https://www.splenda.com/recipes/meringue-bites-recipe

Baking with Splenda in general - I've used my favorite recipes and substituted 1/2 of the white sugar for Splenda. They come out fine. Maybe the cookies brown a bit faster is all. Splenda "brown sugar".....don't buy this. It's really just a combination of 1/2 regular brown sugar and 1/2 Splenda.

Not sure if the calorie savings are worth it for any of these:
    http://www.kitchme.com/the-dish/17-delicious-weight-watchers-holiday-cookie-recipes-for-2-points-or-less/
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited December 2018
    Juwel2018 wrote: »
    As Christmas is slowly coming, I don't want to miss out on some delicious Christmas cookies and cakes. Therefore, I am looking for easy and healthy recipes with a low calorie number. Please help me! Thank you!

For this approaching Christmas week, Spideyboy (my God-child) is coming over and still, he is set on ice cream and cookies. I'd told my sister that for the children, partially home-made ice cream (store bought vanilla) with customised flavourings like sugar cookies, chocolate chip, cheesecake and pumpkin pie to suit the palates who'll be making it to the Christmas Gathering, is to be something we're to consider making ahead of time.

I'm already set on my sister's cookies' recipes however for you, you may look through this to gauge what you're willing to try for yourself, mindful of your calories/portions per serving to qualify your treats as healthy. For me personally from the list of cookies, I'd go with gingersnaps and cranberry almond biscotti.
  • cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    Drizzle me skinny has some really good ones
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Just eat regular cookies...in the context of an overall healthy diet, having a regular cookie isn't a big deal.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    There's a recipe for granola cluster cookies on Bon Appetite's website. According to the recipe function on MFP they're 226 calories each, however, they also have 9g of protein per cookie. The pros and cons of nuts.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited December 2018
    Healthy is a relative term, open to interpretation by each individual.
    I just made a batch of spritz cookies. Put it in the recipe builder and they come out to about 35 calories each (a bite size cookie) butter, sugar, eggs, flour, almond extract. Makes a lot of cookies. Work it into my calorie budget.
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    edited December 2018
    I put most of my Christmas cookies into recipe builder this year - most are around 100/cal each or less....

If I could single one out as the least calories I'd recommend the mint chocolate chip meringues - https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mint-meringues/ Although I'm not sure about being easy
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Meringues are probably the healthiest because they're pure protein and, if you don't want the sugar, you can always sub. with splenda for baking OR stevia, though the flavor would be somewhat different.

Another thing you could do is go for things like OATMEAL RAISIN and sub out the granulated sugar for splenda or stevia; sub out the butter for "i cant believe its not butter" and, well, you get the idea.

Same thing with peanut butter cookies.

And though I'm not endorsing any of them, here's an entire page of low calorie cookies:

https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/12/21/cookies-recipes-100-calories/

Just call on Dr. Google :)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Just a suggestion... Don't try making the sugar-free kool-aid meringue cookies. They're inedible. I made them a while back because they were easy and it sounded good. They weren't.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    I'm struggling with Christmas baking myself. I have, for many years made 10 to 12 kinds of cookies and candies for the family and I send everyone's favorites home with them. I'm not good at staying out of dough, of testing a cookie from each batch etc. Normally this time of year I'd be making my baking list, I've put it off because all I can see is 5 pounds jumping on my *kitten*. Five pounds is more than a month of work on here. I am struggling with this mightily. I had thought about lower calorie cookies, but my family expects certain things and frankly I love doing it.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Juwel2018 wrote: »

Eat broken cookies. The calories fall out... :D

But seriously.... I will see if I have anything that is lighter. However, it's the holidays. I say don't over-indulge, but enjoy a little of what you like.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Just google Italian Ricotta cookies or Italian Wedding Cookies with Ricotta. They are a soft/moist drop cookie and can be decorated for any occasion (red & green for Xmas, pink and blue for baby showers, yellow and orange for Halloween, pastel colors for Easter, red white & blue for national holidays...depending on your country colors, of course). They are my favorite cookie of all time, even though they are not chocolate...and I've been baking for 50+ years. It's an easy recipe with little fuss. I'm not Italian...but these are the best! Using a small cookie scoop, they run about 112-114 calories each (depending on size). If you pick a recipe that uses 4 cups of flour...you might want to halve it. Four cups of flour makes a LOT of cookies. I usually use the recipe calling for 2 cups of flour which yields about 3 dozen small cookies.