What should be my first instapot dinner?

AlyssaPetsDogs
AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
I’ve been wanting one for so long. Finally got the Amazon Black Friday deal for the 8 quart one ($70! All day!)

It comes Sunday and I’m so excited to try it. I have so many Pinterest recipes saved in anticipation - leaning towards one of the forty million chicken, cheese, and rice recipes I have pinned. Trying to think of something I can make for the whole family. What’s your favorite recipe?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Beef ribs
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Beef ribs
    +1
    mmm. We did that ones. Have a recipe you like?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Beef ribs
    +1
    mmm. We did that ones. Have a recipe you like?

Did them for Thanksgiving. I usually put them in the Instapot for an hour or so with some beef broth, BBQ seasonings, ACV and liquid smoke. Then finish them off in a hot 500F degree oven with BBQ sauce brushed for caramelization.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    I LOVE that thing! I usually make a stew/soup. Chicken breast, lots of different veggies, sometimes potatoes, seasoning and chicken broth.
  • allarounddice
    allarounddice Posts: 39 Member
    The mississippi pot roast recipe. It is easy and yummy too
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I haven't ventured very far with my instapot yet. I make beef stew, pot roast, and bbq pulled pork in it. I made chicken and dumplings once too.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Carnitas.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Carnitas.

This!! It was the first thing I made and still my favorite. Roast is another great option.
  • squeakylynn
    squeakylynn Posts: 55 Member
    I've done a lot of different things but I think my favourite is soups. I follow Pressure Luck (Jeffrey Eisner) for most of his recipes.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Spaghetti with ground turkey sausage! Easy one instant pot meal!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Pulled pork or a whole chicken.
  • OvershareUsername
    OvershareUsername Posts: 36 Member
    These are both tried and true favorites in my household!! Definitely not low calorie or fat, but they are so satisfying and delicious!! I would rather have a small portion of something incredible than a bunch of mediocre food!! Bon appétit!

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/instant-pot-crispy-carnitas/

https://damndelicious.net/2018/03/10/instant-pot-butter-chicken/
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I’ve been wanting one for so long. Finally got the Amazon Black Friday deal for the 8 quart one ($70! All day!)

It comes Sunday and I’m so excited to try it. I have so many Pinterest recipes saved in anticipation - leaning towards one of the forty million chicken, cheese, and rice recipes I have pinned. Trying to think of something I can make for the whole family. What’s your favorite recipe?

So? What did you make?

I ended up attempting to make chicken soup for my sick mom... and totally botched it! It was my fault for not paying attention :) now I’m sick and she made me chicken soup on the stove perfect.

My second meal was Mac n cheese and it was perfect except maybe a little too cheesy (I know there shouldn’t be such a thing as “too much cheese” but there totally was!)

Gonna try a bunch of these!
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    My easy go too slow cook meal.

Beef stew/cassorle.

Veg fresh or frozen ; diced raw beef; veg stock cube.
    Cut up if you need to
    Throw in pot
    Cover with water
    Leave at least 8 hours on low

Thicken 10mintues before serving with gravy or cornflour.

Serve.
    Any left over freeze.
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Go simple and try out each feature, one at a time. Start with EGGS setting, then move around using the recipes provided in the book until you're comfy with the machine. Just some advice!