Weight Loss

Options
I have been at this for about 2 weeks and no difference in my weight trying not to get discouraged, any advice?

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Keep plowing away- make sure you take measurements- too- sometimes the scales likes to play games with us all-
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yes we would need more information before we could help. Your stats and calorie goal and if you were comfortable opening your diary perhaps someone could spot any issues there that might help.

But really 2 weeks is a very short time. Weigh and measure all your food, log accurately and give it a month.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My only advice is to just not give up.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Measurements are the way to go to help when the scale is not moving. I have not lost more then .2 in the last week and a half, but am down .5 inches in the waist and .5 inches in the butt/hip area. I'll take that as an encouraging sign.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Providing you're being sensible with your calorie deficit, being accurate with you calorie intake and are being conservative about logging any exercise (see the sticky posts on this board and the Getting Started board), there is no reason to believe you've any reason to be discouraged.

If you are easily discouraged by not seeing immediate results, set yourself some non-scale goals, the scale itself is quite outwith your control the result is affected by a myriad of things at least if you have some goals that you have absolute control over you can keep yourself plodding on even when the scale doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Here are some of the non-scale goals I've set myself in the past:
    • Hitting Protein Goals
    • Hitting Fat Goals
    • Getting adequate sleep
    • Staying hydrated
    • Doing x amount of running miles per week
    • Doing x amount of rowing hours per week
    • Doing yoga/stretches during the week
    • Hitting my step goal over the week
    • Minimising time on the sofa in the evenings
  • amyelizbeth
    amyelizbeth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is an extremely short period of time to try and start seeing results. Some people don't see results a month or two after they've started, but everyone is different. As a few people have said above, try taking your measurements as they tend to be more reliable than just standing on the scale.

Keep going though. Don't give up. Weight loss isn't linear and slow and steady is the best way to do it.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you trying to lose? Two weeks isn’t much, as others have said, and that goes double if you don’t have a lot to lose. For people who are close to their goal weights, weight loss happens very slowly.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    elwfutv8s2yh.jpg