Weight Loss Dream Came True!

Okay so I think a lot of people talk about the real important reasons to lose weight. Such as; being healthy, being fit, being strong, having energy, avoiding diseases etc.

But I think deep down many of us have a weight loss dream that’s more petty...and this one is mine!

So I’m a huge nerd and I’ve always loved the idea of cosplaying but never wanted to do it because I knew I’d never make an accurate portrayal.
Well after almost losing 100lbs I decided THIS WAS MY YEAR! And I chose the character Kasumi from the Dead or Alive series. Which basically left the bottom half of my body naked and... I felt incredible wearing it!

This is like one of my weight loss ultimate dreams come true!

jarfj34t1r9j.jpeg
f8a03xawllfb.jpeg
5ej9ugb7ohzj.jpeg
mkb0ra03cksj.jpeg
ce0sppqk0qgh.jpeg

Replies

• kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Wow! You look amazing! Loved the side by side comparison pics! Good job!
  • SewErinn
    SewErinn Posts: 4 Member
    Congratulations!
  • SewErinn
    SewErinn Posts: 4 Member
    I also love the side by side pics!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Congrats!! That's awesome!! I have always wanted to cosplay too, at times. I bought a lovely kimono (full fitted, winter kimono in silk with all the pieces) in Kyoto that I'm hoping will fit me much better, too, when I reach goal (still far off XD) rather than looking awkwardly like a dressed up, lumpy sweet potato. XD XD

You look amazing!! Congrats on all your hard work! Love the outfit!
  • SaturnsbestMoon
    SaturnsbestMoon Posts: 25 Member
    Love it!!! <3 Girl you rocked that Cosplay!!! You are amazing! <3
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    You look amazing!! Your cheekbones (on your face- I hasten to add lol :p) are to die for!
  • You look beautiful!
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Awesome! Im proud of you!
  • PartyKardy
    PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
    Congrats!! That's awesome!! I have always wanted to cosplay too, at times. I bought a lovely kimono (full fitted, winter kimono in silk with all the pieces) in Kyoto that I'm hoping will fit me much better, too, when I reach goal (still far off XD) rather than looking awkwardly like a dressed up, lumpy sweet potato. XD XD

I live in Japan so I’ve felt the struggle of looking like a potato in a kimono. They want everything on the body very flat in a kimono haha

You got this! If I can go from obese to walking around Tokyo half naked and feeling myself I believe ANYTHING is possible!!
  • PartyKardy
    o4qacqcj7tz3.jpeg

@steveko89 I definitely went on my own journey to build back some muscle after weight loss in preparation for this character since she’s quite bootylicious haha.

That’s probably the best feeling ever to have people expect a fake muscle suit only to find out you’re all natural! 😝
  • jmbeckford
    jmbeckford Posts: 22 Member
    amazing! I literally just screamed for you girl you are killin’ this!
  • PartyKardy
    jmbeckford wrote: »
    amazing! I literally just screamed for you girl you are killin’ this!

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
    Thank you so much! I love how supportive people can be here of total strangers!

We rise together! We don’t have to bring others down! ❤️
  • _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    you're an inspiration! you look amazing
  • dhiammarath
    PartyKardy wrote: »

I live in Japan so I’ve felt the struggle of looking like a potato in a kimono. They want everything on the body very flat in a kimono haha

You got this! If I can go from obese to walking around Tokyo half naked and feeling myself I believe ANYTHING is possible!!

Thank you!! I can’t wait to try it on again when I’m closer to goal! I lived in Japan for work for a time; I know that struggle so well! Plus, still working for a Japanese company, I want to not be the biggest American at the table, so to speak. >.>
  • matthewroten
    matthewroten Posts: 4 Member
    Congrats! and Goodness gracious!
  • PartyKardy

Thank you!! I can’t wait to try it on again when I’m closer to goal! I lived in Japan for work for a time; I know that struggle so well! Plus, still working for a Japanese company, I want to not be the biggest American at the table, so to speak. >.>

Yes I have been the fat American in Japan and it’s not a great time.
    Especially since the Japanese are not shy about saying things that are rude in our culture.

But it is that much sweeter when a Japanese person says they think I’m very skinny because I know their standards are high haha
  • dhiammarath
    edited December 2018

Yes I have been the fat American in Japan and it’s not a great time.
    Especially since the Japanese are not shy about saying things that are rude in our culture.

But it is that much sweeter when a Japanese person says they think I’m very skinny because I know their standards are high haha

That's awesome!! Their standards ARE high! Congrats. :smiley:

My goal for my next trip to Japan: be able to shop in the fancy stores in Ebisu and Hiro-o, even if I buy nothing... it's the ability more than anything else.
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    You look amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!