What to eat at breakfast

Options
I am anew member and first time to think about my fitness and to organise my meals so my biggest problem is i dnt know what to eat at breakfast because i am cheese heater and protien lover so any advice

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you eat at breakfast. There is no specific food that you need to eat at any certain meal. I like to eat boiled eggs for breakfast because they are easy to prepare ahead of time. I also usually eat Greek yogurt and fruit as well and have coffee and half and half and sugar.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You can have anything you like for breakfast, just make sure it fits into your goals for the day.

I had beans and vegetables in curry sauce for breakfast, you don't have to limit yourself to breakfast foods.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    i eat steel cut oats. with berries usually. depending how many calories and how much you like to eat in the morning you can make it much fancier and bulk up protein with yogurt or peanut butter.

but on the protein heavier front, eggs (boiled, or however you like them) works. with whatever you like your eggs.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    This is completely dependent on your personal taste.

Personally I prefer a light breakfast & lunch, so opt for a bowl of oatmeal with honey or a two egg omelette with a splash of hot sauce.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I usually have some scrambled eggs with - usually 2 eggs and some egg whites.

I like a big breakfast, as it keeps me more satisfied throughout the day, so if I have the time in the morning I will add bacon and hash browns to the eggs.

Sometimes I’ll do a spinach and tomato omelette cooked in a little bit of coconut oil.

Some Greek yogurt in the mornings would also be a good way to up your protein.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had rice with chicken thighs. Eat what you like.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    giphy.gif

I usually have oats with slivered almonds and blueberries...eggs on the weekend.

A lot of times though I won't have breakfast food...when I make a batch of green chile stew for example, I will often have the leftovers for breakfast, particularly if it's a cold and cloudy morning.
  • jamesjeffsmith
    jamesjeffsmith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i usually eat 6 oz cottage with cinnamon pumpkin spice or greek yogurt plus a hardboiled egg and i piece organic 21 grain toast with almond butter or 1/3 of a protein bar