Gluten-free, Diary free & egg white free

Options
Dessert and Xmas ideas for gluten free, Diary Free & egg white free. Recently diagnosed with the above intollence any suggestions for some nice treats for pudding? Ta. Sha x

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I recently came across a recipe for flourless peanut butter cookies which came out amazing! They do call for an egg but you could probably just use the yolk and add a little water for the right consistency. Message me if you’d like the recipe
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I don't have any recipes but Trader Joe's Soft-Baked Snickerdoodles are gluten-free & vegan. Enjoy Life brand also has a similar version. They are tasty and moist.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My mom makes an awesome vegan cheesecake! I know daiya also sells premade ones if you won't be baking.

She makes this recipe and it is awesome! https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-cheesecake/print/7085/v0pqls7opyvh.png The crust base is great for any type of pie. You can also use walnuts/cashews/almonds for the crust instead.

It is pretty easy to make a really good vegan apple pie as well. You can use one of the nut based crusts or just sub gluten free flour for regular flour. This one looks good https://elavegan.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Vegan-apple-pie-on-a-baking-dish-cut-into.jpgxkqvzpr65rao.png

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten-free for years, and have cooked cook egg-free for parties for years because ofpeople we know with the egg allergy.

I can make great versions of most items by using gluten-free flour (I usually use Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour). When making brownies, cookies, muffins, pancakes, waffles and the like, I can substitute a combination of flax meal and water (see recipe here).

All that said, I will tell you that bread baking is a different ball game. Do NOT simply replace the flour in a bread recipe to make gluten-free bread. You'll end up with somehting you won;t be happy with. We have a traditional holiday bread in my family that I make by adapting a gluten-free bread mix (link is to my favorite, and they specifically note that the flax eggs work with this mix).
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    I have been gluten-free for years, and have cooked cook egg-free for parties for years because ofpeople we know with the egg allergy.

I can make great versions of most items by using gluten-free flour (I usually use Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour). When making brownies, cookies, muffins, pancakes, waffles and the like, I can substitute a combination of flax meal and water (see recipe here).

All that said, I will tell you that bread baking is a different ball game. Do NOT simply replace the flour in a bread recipe to make gluten-free bread. You'll end up with somehting you won;t be happy with. We have a traditional holiday bread in my family that I make by adapting a gluten-free bread mix (link is to my favorite, and they specifically note that the flax eggs work with this mix).

I was going to suggest flax eggs as well. Or search for recipes using aquafaba (bean water) as an egg substitute.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2540637/ginger-flapjacks

Swap the flour for coconut flour and swap butter for coconut oil. Made GF version for a friend with celiac's and it was amazing, and honestly I've been considering making a coconut oil one because I think it would make a really nice flavour
  • shashagibbins
    shashagibbins Posts: 4 Member
    Options

• shashagibbins
    shashagibbins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you most helpful ...! I've lived without bread for two months now and don't miss it at all...! It just that time of year where you indulge and I like getting hands on cooking/baking will have to start getting creative in the kitchen and master up some nice desserts.