Desk Jockey's Wanted

I am looking for fellow Desk Jockey's like myself to be friends with. Feel free to add me or send me an invite if you want to help each other stay fit and motivated while sitting at a desk all day. If you aren't a desk jockey I would like you as a friend also as I love motivation sharing from all!

Replies

• doubleplay_643
    doubleplay_643 Posts: 152 Member
    I could really use some new friends to help me achieve my last 10 pounds. I sit at a desk all day and it is a struggle to keep the weight off. I have been able to lose a lot of weight doing deskercise's while at work. I am on daily and love the interaction with my fellow MFP teammates. Feel free to add me...please!!!
  • What kind of deskercises do you do?
  • SimplyMeAngieD
    SimplyMeAngieD Posts: 10 Member
    Hi!
    Fellow desk jockey here.
    I replaced my office chair with a stability ball and that helped immediately.
  • ehobbs1970
    ehobbs1970 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey i work at my desk all day too - and i home office. Not sure how to friend on here but would like to. i try and stay accountable all day with mfp and my peloton.
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Hey fellow desk jockey. I'm in buddy. I need to lose more than the last 10, more like the last 30.
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Now give me five to figure out how to add you as a friend...pretty sad for a Business Systems Analyst I might add.
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    I’m down..! Tho, my desk job involves a lot of walking. Still, half my day is spent sitting!
  • doubleplay_643
    Took some time off and ready to get back at it. Today I start my journy back to get in shape. Lets be friend...Add Me!
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Invite sent.
  • doubleplay_643
    Today's deskercise goal for myself is to close my door during the course of the day and do 25 x 4 squats, 25 x 4 pushups, and walk 20 flights of stairs. What is your deskercise goal?
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    I have a group of friends on here...mostly women...but every week we set a BC (Bathroom challenge) and you do it every time you get up to go! This week - 20 jumping jacks. We've done push-ups off the counter, wall sits, leg lifts, squats, whatever....we change it every week. Also just trying to add extra steps anytime I can. Print to the far printer, walk the long way to someone's office or the restroom, or the mail room. I also sometimes go close the door in the conference room and do crunches, etc. Throughout a day - I might get 20 flights of stairs in - but never all at once..... I work in a courthouse (HIGH FLOORS) so one floor is like 2 flights. I rarely take the elevator at work. Home - well I live on the 11th floor and can't do all 11 at once..... working on it tho!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I work at a desk all day but I make a point of getting up on my breaks and lunch to take laps around the stock room. When the weather is good, I go take laps around the parking lot a few times.
  • mszallar
    mszallar Posts: 34 Member
    Yo,

Everyone is more than welcome to add me!
    I've been looking for others in this situation. I typically park a little farther away in the parking lot than I use to in order to get extra steps. Before I get to my office, I usually take a tour around the facility. Taking the tour around the building gives me an extra 600 steps. I try to do this every hour.

Feel free to friend me!
  • doubleplay_643
    Today is leg day so my deskercise goal is:
    10 x 4 flights of stairs
    25 x 4 squats

Hopefully by the time I get off work and go to gym my legs will be primed for a good workout at the gym!
  • loviebear26
    loviebear26 Posts: 43 Member
    I'm always trying to find ways and reasons to get out of my seat at work. I recently got a stand up desk and I'll walk in place, dance or do squats and calf raises. Add me! I would love to share ideas and goals!
  • doubleplay_643
    Good morning all my fit and healthy friends! Starting up my Deskercise program again. Today's goal is:

Deskercise
    25x4 Squats
    25x4 Pushups

Gym on the way home from work.

What are your goals for the day?
  • wanttobfit2020
    wanttobfit2020 Posts: 8 Member
    I am a deskjockey as well. I was given a Fitbit for Christmas and I love it. I have set my inactive time to help me get up and move around to get my steps in. I would enjoy being friends with anyone here.
  • I'm a desk jockey. Would love to do a better job of keeping my body as active as I can, under the circumstances. Add me!
  • doubleplay_643
    Its time to resurect this page from the past. I sit at a desk all day. Looking for fellow desk jockeys to help motivate and bounce deskercise ideas off each other. Please add me or as for an invite.
  • doubleplay_643
    Todays deskercise challenge for myself is going to be:

2 x 50 pushups
    1 minute 40 second planks
    10 x 4 chair dips

Looking for fellow desk jockeys to help motivate and bounce deskercise ideas off each other. Please add me or ask for an invite.