Garmin Runs Posting Multiple Times

Options
Has anyone had trouble with Garmin run and biking exercises posting multiple times in the diary? Today I apparently burned over 2,000 calories running.

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    It happens on occasion. You can delete all the extras from your diary. They will probably come back a couple times but keep deleting them and they will eventually go away and stay away.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I don't upload from Garmin, but the exercise I do log frequently double posts.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    amyj0185 wrote: »
    Has anyone had trouble with Garmin run and biking exercises posting multiple times in the diary? Today I apparently burned over 2,000 calories running.

It's not a cheat day off your tracker lied to you. :wink:

This happened to me once, a while ago, they had a bug in the software and some stuff got duplicated. I looked into it (because I was confused) and it only affected one specific watch. Apparently something like that happens from time to time. But then it stops and things go back to normal.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me with my Garmin as well. It still registers multiple logs every great once and a while, but as others have mentioned, it's no big deal. You can easily delete the duplicated entries and leave the one.
  • azani81
    azani81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This happens to me almost every workout and I usually have to delete them multiple times until it sticks with just one. It is easy to delete but it is really getting annoying to have to do it multiple times over multiple days. I just went back a week and had to delete duplicates out every day (which I had already done at least once or twice before)
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It had happened a few times for me with my Garmin watch but not regularly. Annoying
  • Sebhayre
    Sebhayre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This had stopped another update and it's has started again. I have to delete a number of times not sure why they can't fix it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Sebhayre wrote: »
    This had stopped another update and it's has started again. I have to delete a number of times not sure why they can't fix it.

It's not a universal thing with either Garmin or MFP, because I use a Garmin device and have GC connected to MFP (in iOS), and it has never even once happened to me. Sounds like the people having this problem may have something messed up in their settings somewhere - or maybe it's specific to one particular platform, since nobody specified which platform they're using (Android, iOS, etc.).