Halfway point...woo hoo!

Options
March, I started on MFP at 240 lbs (I'm 5'10") and a goal weight of 180 (perhaps lower, I'll decide later).

Today, August 20, I weigh in at 210.

30 down, 30 to go!!!!!

It hasn't been steady loss...more of a downward trending sawtooth pattern to the graph, with plateaus liberally sprinkled throughout. But I stuck to it, made sure i was drinking my water every day, stayed honest in my logging on MFP, and overall it's working out.

Tracking calories in and out has always been the most effective way to lose (and not tracking them has been the most effective way to gain!). Until I found MFP, though, I couldn't stick to it because it was such a hassle to try to figure out calories and keep a running tally through the day. It's fair to say that MFP has made all the difference!

Now for the next 30....

Replies

• ximacloudx
    ximacloudx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good job! =]
  • lizzragland
    Options
    You're doing great! Congrats on the first 30!!!
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!

I'm sure the next 30 will feel even better coming off than that first 30!!

Good luck with the rest of your journey!!

=]
  • JenGilronan
    JenGilronan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :smile: Great job! Keep it up!
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! So happy for you. Best of luck on your next 30!
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • dovenotes
    dovenotes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I met my half way mark today too. I have slacked off on logging food though. Your words are encouraging. Thanks!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching the halfway point! cheer.gif
  • aggiecs
    aggiecs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! We have really similar stats: I'm almost 5'11, started MFP at 242, I'm down 29 pounds with the same initial goal of 180 in mind...go us!! Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • nanegan
    nanegan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well done! This is very inspirational for me as I'm just over 5ft 9" and started at 233 at the end of July and am looking to lose a similar amount of weight overall. I'm too unsure what final weight to go for. I was surprised that the 'maximum' healthy range for our height is around 168 lbs and I know from a previous life (!), people generally comment that I look too gaunt at this weight but I guess you just have to make a judgement once you get there. Wow 4 dogs? my 1 is quite a handful (see him when he was 8 months old on my ticker), he is now pretty heavy @ 37kg's so I've worked out if I achieve my goal I will have lost the equivalent of 80% of my dog - that puts it into some context as I can no longer lift him! Good luck with the next 30lbs :D
  • HollyTrujillo84
    Options
    Congratulations! I agree with you about the ease of calorie counting making a big difference. i have only started here yesterday but have kept many a journal before and it WAS to difficult and time consuming to go looking for calories each time. This is a great program! Keep up the great work.:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!