How to workout with someone remotely

Options
Hello all! My friend and I would like to workout 'together' once a week, but she's 3 hours away. I'll trying to figure out an easy way for us to do the same exercise video, or maybe do tabatas together.
We each have laptops and smart phones.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    pick a program you can find online or on DVD. Make time to check in with each other every evening to hold the other person accountable.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    -Do a video together with screen sharing (I believe skype supports this)
    -Take turns leading a routine through skype
    -Do a C25k program together
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I did a virtual run with a friend on her birthday. I took a picture as I set out saying I must like you to be running this early then I sent a pic after along with the stats from my run. She's a friend from here so I dedicated my workout burn I posted here to her it was kinda fun really
  • deMoMo628
    deMoMo628 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm going to look into these. I'm excited!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I think the Apple Watch might have the option of syncing workouts. Never tried it though I must confess.
  • gowithflow000
    gowithflow000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi folks , I suggest to try Zoom app . It became increasingly popular among all kind of business. It is incredibly easy and intuitive, and becomes a natural part of a flexible workflow that includes messaging and calling, so my employees can simply choose the right communication method . This soft ware is available in demo you can try it and see if it is fit to your business purpose http://www.zoomappdownload.com
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Walk for 30 minutes while chatting on the phone
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Take it outside and use one of the many live tracking features.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    You could also just use Skype.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I think the Apple Watch might have the option of syncing workouts. Never tried it though I must confess.

Not that I know of. You can share data but nothing live happens.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    The other week I did a FaceTime workout with my ex gym buddy who now lives in Denmark!! It worked!! We're gonna do it again :smiley:

Basically we stuck the phones on video - actually I think it was Whatssapp not facetime - and wore headphones and talked and watched each other's sets while resting.

We do the same workout plan so it was just like the olden face to face days - while she's on the machine/doing the lift I'd watch and comment on her form and do the whole "2 more, 1, that's it!" and she does the same back at me.

Sometimes the gym wifi sucked a bit, but overall it worked.

Apart from looking like a crazy psycho talking to my phone while working out...
  • mudaiskandar42
    mudaiskandar42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi friends, I suggest trying the Zoom application. With this zoom application, we can do video conferencing to exercise together.
    For now we can Download Zoom Version 5.2.0
    https://www.downloadzoomfree.com/2020/08/zoom-version-520-426190804.html
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My brother, sister-in-law and I worked out for months (April-July) until my gym reopened in the parking lot. We would use WhatsApp and basically do the same workout but on our own.
    I’m a little more experienced so I would send the workout (my gym provides us home workouts every day but you can easily find them online) and I would go through the movements before we started. They called me “coach” which was funny as my forms are pretty terrible.
    This worked great! The accountability of being ready at a certain time, having someone to do it with made it more steady and more fun than doing solo!!
    For the most part WhatsApp worked great.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Zoom or Google hangouts. One of my daughters lives overseas. We use WhatsApp for group family video calls, and of course it’s free. No long distance charges! (I just dated myself, didn’t I?!)

My other daughter and I got in the habit of running “together”. I’m east coast, she’s west. I finally figured out how the bleeping earbuds work and we talk as we run or walk. It’s fun, a great way to chat regularly, and something to look forward to. And it makes the miles fly by.