Needs help!

Options
So I make my own salad dressing and I'll be honest its not healthy at all.

2 cups mayo or mircle whip
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp vinger
3 Tbsp milk

I was thinking if I use light mayo, skim milk, and that sugar substitute with no calories. I need help calculating the total calories then figuring out a portion and the calories.

Thanks.

Replies

• statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Sorry ... still struggling with that. Last night I pureed cottage cheese and dry ranch mix. Sounds good, huh? But it was soooo bad I didn't finish my salad. I guess I'll be eating salad "naked" for a while. :sad:
  • jpatrickwinstead
    Options
    Miracle whip? Really?

I'd scrap the whole thing. Try Olive Oil + Lemon + Roasted Garlic. If you want something creamy, try using Tahini as a base and adding lemon or spices to it.
  • dma1988e
    dma1988e Posts: 11
    Options
    I was curious...so I created a recipe. I had to use a web site to convert between cups/tablespoons/ounces to get the ingredients added to the recipe. Hopefully my math is correct, but this is what I got:

Miracle Whip 2 cps = 32 Tb for 1280 cals
    Sugar 2/3 cp = .66 cps for 511 cals
    Heinz White Vinegar 1.5 Tb for 3 cals
    2% Milk 3Tb = 1.5 oz for 23 cals
    Total Calories = 1817

I estimated this to equal about 46 tablespoons for about 40 cals per tablespoon.
    BTW this is the link I used to convert things in case I got something wrong and you want to try it: http://www.calculateme.com/Volume/index.htm

Good luck!
  • davis22b
    davis22b Posts: 31
    Options
    Ok so now I just need to subtract the calories for sugar because I'm using a zero calorie sweetener then I need to look how many calories light miracle whip has, thanks.

Light Miracle whip = 1184

Now, I just got to divide it into servings lol
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Under the food tab there is a recipe box add all your ingredents.

Weight the whole mix in grams with a kitchen scale.
    divide by 30grams (this is a 2 tbsp sev)
    now you got your total servings
  • tamimlea
    Options
    try lemon juice on your salad. I thought it would not taste good but it does. Also very good with tuna salad. Found this one in one of my diabetic mags.
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Store-bought creamy salad dressing is my favorite BUT i hate the light types so...
    I mix 1 tbsp of dressing with 1tbsp of water -Still yummy still has the flavor but 1/2 the calories of the normal 2Tbsp sev.