Loosing weight when already thin

Bear with me please because I have some explaining to do.

Early 2018 I developed a very restrictive eating pattern and was limiting my intake to 1000 cals a day. I quickly went from around 120 to 109lbs.

At night I could feel my muscles breaking down and knew I had to stop. I move it up to 1300 cals daily, not counting fruit and veggies for a couple months?
Later I moved to limiting at 1750 a day for a couple months and started counting fruit and veggies again. I moved this to 1650 for several months, and here the last couple of weeks 1600 even.

Between maybe March of 2018 and now I have gained back the 10 pounds, and I honestly really want them gone. I hate how my clothes fit and I don't like to feel my stomach or sides, my legs feel thick...
I know I can't starve myself again though and it so cold out it's hard to get exercise. Durring the spring and summer I bike and it helps my mood and helps my general lower body shape, but it's so much more difficult for me and less enjoyable to go to the gym than bike.
I feel like there needs to be a reasonably healthy way to loose this weight but because I'm already pretty small my maintenance is so low it feels unusual to cut my caloric intake back a lot more. I could do 1400 and not feel miserable but it would take me 5 months to get where I want to be and that feels like a long time for just a few pounds.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I agree with the others posting in this thread. If you haven't already sought help, please seek it now.

Some women who are short look fine at 109 pounds, but with how you're describing your feelings about your body, I don't necessarily think you're one of them.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    I agree with the others that there are some concerning things in your post. It’s great that you’ve identified that you’ve had a problem in the past with over-restricting and it sounds like you might be slowly slipping back that way again.

Please please please seriously consider going to your GP (or primary healthcare physician) and having a really honest conversation with him or her about your past experience and your current concerns. They have all sorts of resources that they can call on to help you be the healthiest that you can be. And I mean physically, mentally and emotionally. Please think about it. Please.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    How tall are you? If you're anywhere above 5'3" -- considering that 109 is one pound above underweight for someone who is 5'4" -- 109 is not an appropriate weight for you.

Are you willing to do a recomp instead, and focus on building muscle instead? Muscle will keep you at a healthy weight, but let you look slimmer and fit into smaller clothes.

Please talk to your GP if you're not willing to do recomposition. Let them help you.