Couch to 5k

Has anyone completed the couch to 5k unit whilst sticking within their calories and lost weight? I’ve lost 20 inches in total over my body but no lbs. I’m on week 4 now and haven’t lost I was having 1500 calories per day and now have dropped it to 1240 in hope that this will help the weight go down.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    yes
    i weighed my food on a scale
    i tracked my runs on runkeeper till i got my garmin
    i lost 50 lbs my first time. (and then i stopped tracking, ate lots of frozen custard, and stopped running)
    i'm down 20 this time and still losing
    i ate according to what mfp told me including my exercise calories
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Yes, I finished C25K for the second time while in a deficit, and have continued running after that. Temporary water weight gain is common with starting a new exercise program.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I did it a couple years ago and I lost weight before, during, and after C25k.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2018
    Has anyone completed the couch to 5k unit whilst sticking within their calories and lost weight? I’ve lost 20 inches in total over my body but no lbs. I’m on week 4 now and haven’t lost I was having 1500 calories per day and now have dropped it to 1240 in hope that this will help the weight go down.

Why does it matter what the scales say if you've lost 20 inches?
  • allarounddice
    allarounddice Posts: 39 Member
    I'm unaware of this couch to 5K, what is it?
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member

It’s just a running training schedule for beginners.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I didn’t do exactly C25K but something very similar and still lost weight. Do you eat your exercise calories back? Maybe you were over estimating how much you burned?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    How much weight do you actually have to lose? Remember the scale doesn't matter nearly as much as body composition. If you've lost at least 20 inches over your body, then that indicates a large amount of fat loss.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member

You can scan the threads in this Fitness forum.. There are usually several active threads on c25k on the first couple pages at any given time.
  • Suprgirl83
    Suprgirl83 Posts: 1 Member
    Muscle weighs more than fat and takes up less space! If you were losing inches you were definitely burning fat imo!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Yep, did it whilst losing 112lbs. Now run 3 times a week plus races.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited December 2018

zaqs1yh5jr7z.png

A link directly to the official site for more information: http://www.c25k.com/