Eating back maintenance calories?

gracedeko712
gracedeko712 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2018 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Okay so a couple of weeks ago I went to Croatia with my family. I have about several days worth of Maintenance calories to catch up on. Should I eat back those maintenance calories or just let it be? I plan on spacing it out and eating them only when I am hungry because I don't want to force myself.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    You’re probably over thinking this. Don’t force yourself. Just get back on track now that you’re home.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Do you mean you ate too little while in Croatia?
  • gracedeko712
    Correct
  • gracedeko712
    Do you mean you ate too little while in Croatia?

Yea. Same with my mom as well.
  • gracedeko712
    fiddletime wrote: »
    You’re probably over thinking this. Don’t force yourself. Just get back on track now that you’re home.

I definitly am! I ll just space them out when i feel i need something extra :)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    The impact of it probably won't show up on the scale right away. I would let that settle before deciding what to do.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    How much weight did you lose?
    Did that weight loss take you under your desired weight range?
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    I would just go to maintenance now and if you're 1lb lighter just think of it as 3500 calories you can add to the next weekend away or party you go to. Goal weight +\- 3lbs is a healthy target and not a single fixed target number.
  • gracedeko712
    I tend to get anxious about these little things. My mind will wander to all the different ways i can eat them back and it drives me nuts while i ll jyst eat them back when i feel like it smh