it aint nothing but a little baby fat fat

Options
I just had a beautiful baby girl who weighed in at 9 lbs 1 oz at birth. The pregnancy did a number on me as I honestly was not as active as I should have been. Not to make excuses but I was pregnant in the cold New England winter and after working all day getting my butt to the gym was just not happening, but I am so motivated to get that old thing back. Before I got pregnant I was in the best shape of my life. I had lost close to 35 lbs eating right and exercising for almost one year. I am determined to lose 30 by my daughters first birthday and get back in my pre baby shape! Wish me luck :smooched:

Replies

• stace0308
    stace0308 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl, and best of luck on your weight loss journey.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

You have plenty of time to lose the baby weight. Just start slow, don't over-do it, you are still recovering from the pregnancy, delivery and sleepless nights :). It takes nine months to get big and nine months to get back...is the saying. It will happen!
  • cmlewis86
    cmlewis86 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby girl!
  • Visser1971
    Visser1971 Posts: 131
    Options
    Best of luck! I am happy to be a buddy if you want, my baby girl is 10 weeks old and I am also working on a one year plan. She is my second child, I was in the best shape before the first, and hope to get that back by next summer!

Cheers, Christy
  • Claudz811
    Options
    Thanks a bunch! My friend told me to join and so far I love it. I know it will take time but I have been pretty inactive for a long time now so I just need to get moving again. Walking and jogging is a start.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    With that attitude you will absolutely do it! Congratulations on your baby! Since you were already in great shape before your pregnancy will probably help you get back into shape quicker...when I was pregnant, I had already become less active and was in only ok shape. Then I had my son, lost all the weight, but never toned up. Then I got lazy and we started eating out too much and the pounds packed back on. Right now I am 5 pounds away from being back at my pre-pregnancy weight! Yay! you can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Claudz811
    Options
    I have quit Ben and Jerry's cold turkey!!! I was eating it like daily!!! Now I freeze my chobani yogurt and it seems to do the trick! This is my first step towards getting back in shape.