Recommend your scale!

Options
Mine just crapped out this morning. So tell me what kind of new scale should I get? I don't need too many bells and whistles and I would like it to be reasonably priced. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    WW scales are great!! I have a glass one
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I am curious too. I have a cheap scale and don't know how reliable it is. I am looking to update mine.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor. It doesn't do anything fancy, but it looks decent and is very accurate. I bought it at Costco for $40ish. I had purchased less expensive scales for years that would only last 6mo-1yr and was sick of that... I figured with Costco's excellent return policy I was covered if this one crapped out on me too. But I've had it abotu a year and it's still doing great! I'd definitely recommend.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for one too. I have one that works ok.... but I want a new one that weighs in oz. and mine doesn't. There are so many different ones out there, I'm not sure which one to pick!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Mine is a Tanita. You can find it on amazon.com. We've had it for years but I never used it until this spring.
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    I have a Taylor also, got it at Target over a year ago. IIRC it was in the $30-$40 range. Just remember, with scales it's all about consistency: weigh yourself on the SAME scale at the same time as often as you deem necessary. My Taylor scale and the scale at the gym do not agree but that's OK as long as my Taylor doesn't start fluctuating 5 lbs +/- on a daily basis.
  • Csdehoyos
    Csdehoyos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from Walmart for around 35 dollars! I love the way it feels under my feet! It is sturdy and large enough to where my husbands feet don't hang off of it, that is a huge plus ;) It is a Health O Meter that has 4 memory setting and it also measure water weight. I have weighted in at home before going to the gym and weighing there as well and got the same reading every time! So long as I havne't drink or ate anything inbetween weighs ins. I would definitely recommend this scale to anyone!!
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    WALMART $25-30
    health-o-meter

can program up to 4 users

program
    hight

records
    weight
    body fat %
    water %
    bone density
    BMI
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Looks like Health o Meter it is! Thanks everyone!
  • EvaJanes
    EvaJanes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a Taylor. It doesn't do anything fancy, but it looks decent and is very accurate. I bought it at Costco for $40ish. I had purchased less expensive scales for years that would only last 6mo-1yr and was sick of that... I figured with Costco's excellent return policy I was covered if this one crapped out on me too. But I've had it abotu a year and it's still doing great! I'd definitely recommend.

I have a Taylor as well and as of today its being replaced. I weighed in this morning i was was getting a 9 LBS weight loss since Wednesday and I know that is not right (hubby also showed a 7lbs loss. So we go out for a bit and when we get home we try again now the thing is reading as a 10 lbs gain (back to my starting weight) So i have a 19lbs weight fluctuation today? I dont think so ( BTW I was wearing the same clothes both times)

They do have a lifetime warranty but I need the original box (which I dont have because I doing keep empty cardboard (ie garbage) boxes in my house ) AND I have to pay the shipping back to them which is more then the scale cost. To return it to the store I got it at I need the original receipt that I did save but its one of those Thermal register tapes meaning since the 6 months I have had the scale the receipt is now blank.