Tips to raise appetite

Options
Last Sunday, I came down with something bad and I couldn’t stomach water or any food and ended up vomiting 5 times. I drank gatorade throughout the night. I haven’t checked the scale but I know that I’ve definitely lost some weight because of it and my appetite has been poor since. Any tips how I can raise my appetite to eat more and put back on weight?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If you are sick, I would focus on getting plenty of liquids and rest. I personally wouldn't force food down. Once you are better you can focus on getting the weight back up.

If you continue to struggle with appetite (provided you don't have a medical issue), frequent calorie dense foods can help. This link has great tips.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    That's less than a week ago and it can take a while to recover. If appetite wasn't an issue before then you'll regain your appetite eventually. You could try things like protein shakes? As often it's easier to drink your calories when your appetite is low.
  • Allsmiles358
    Allsmiles358 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's less than a week ago and it can take a while to recover. If appetite wasn't an issue before then you'll regain your appetite eventually. You could try things like protein shakes? As often it's easier to drink your calories when your appetite is low.
    sardelsa wrote: »
    If you are sick, I would focus on getting plenty of liquids and rest. I personally wouldn't force food down. Once you are better you can focus on getting the weight back up.

If you continue to struggle with appetite (provided you don't have a medical issue), frequent calorie dense foods can help. This link has great tips.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

I appreciate the tips and they really helped! I’m back on my weight gain journey and my caloric intake is 3,000 daily.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Great news!