Trouble exercising with my kids.

Options
I need some exercise tips on how to exercise and include my two kids. They are both boys ages 7 and 2. i am a single mom and I do not leave my children with anyone except school and daycare.

Thanks

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I would get up early in the morning, before the kids, and do a exercise DVD or an on demand one.

Or you can get a bike seat for the little one and ride bikes together?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I completely understand! My husband works evenings and every other weekend. My kids are 2 and 3. We go outside sometimes, ride a bike to the park with them in a trailer. But if I wait until they are asleep to do anything, I'm done for. I'm ready for bed too. I haven't figured it out, but I'd like to hear some ideas, too. :-)
    Kristy
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Find something dancy. I know several people do home Zumba or Turbo Jam DVD's and the kids love to get up and dance with the music.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Could you take them to a park and let them play while you walk around the playground? you could even do exercises on the equipment. If you can afford it, I would also look into a gym with a nursery option. I know it is hard to leave them when you don't have to, but the time is really important to you as well. I'm a single mom of a 11 and 14 year old (and have been for 6 years), so I understand what you are trying to figure out. Good luck!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Go swimming, play tag running around the yard. Go for a bike ride with them. I have a few friends that have taught there kids to love jogging with them. One person jogs while her kids are on their bikes.

Just having fun with them outside is good for you and them.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    i take my kids for bike rides the oldest can ride a bike and the youngest can be put into a bike trailor. i had it suggested earlier that dancing would be a good dvd workout(since its 110 out) havent tried it yet but my 1 1/2 yr old dances to the sound of cars trains shopping carts etc so sounds like it may work havent had a chance to try it yet but even if i dont like it i know my children will enjoy dancing to it so its worth a try.
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    it can be a challenge for sure! When my 2 were small, I'd put my younger one in a jogging stroller and my older one on her bike with training wheels...we have a nice bike path so it was very convient and safe..but you could also do it in your neighborhood depending on how busy it is with traffic. My older one also used a scooter sometimes..

I know it's hard, but don't give up! a little is better than nothing!! i also used workout videos while the younger one napped and had that be quiet time for the older one...or just PLAY! run around your yard and play gym class! my kids LOVED that!!

Good Luck!!! :smile:
  • mis47330
    mis47330 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!!