Having a tough week

Options
size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
edited December 2018 in Success Stories
1bm8j1v8qxbv.jpeg

I’m having a tough week mentally with weightloss so here’s my pic of me before and now
- 54lbs
- 54lbs to go

Replies

• Copper_Boom
    Copper_Boom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look great!! One week is just a blip in the grand scheme of things, so don't let it get you down.
  • size102b
    Options
    You look great!! One week is just a blip in the grand scheme of things, so don't let it get you down.

Aww Thankyou stupid scales have upset me 😱
  • angryromancegrrl
    angryromancegrrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Scales are the both the worst and the best. Try to focus on the fact that you are going in the right direction. If you track your weight on the app, glance at the chart for motivation!
  • size102b
    Options
    Thankyou
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    When the scales disappoint (which they can do for a whole plethora of reasons) look for other indicators of change. Clothes, mobility, flexibility, ability to bounce back when you have given in to temptation etc etc. I know it is said often but this really is a marathon, during which we have to retrain ourselves to be healthier - you are well on the way to achieving that so chin up and move on XX
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Keep logging and looking at your before and after. I struggle with this all the time. Praying for you,
  • Almagreatness
    Almagreatness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sooner or later you'll see a result let's just keep on going! Way to go for getting started👍
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Keep it up. You got this
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Usually the scale takes a couple days to give you accurate weight. Eating for a couple days will change the scales. After doing a cleanse, it’ll become accurate again. Sometimes more lbs lost
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You look great, you are doing so well. I'd go back to basics - prepare my daily meal plan for the next day, take it meal by meal and stick to the MFP guidelines. (I have lost exactly the same amount so far: 26 kg. Started in March 2018, but still a long way to go. We can do it!)
  • tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    *kitten the scale. You are doing great!
  • size102b
    Options
    Thanks guys they are still not moving so back to very very strict basics for me I even upped my exercise to c25k and Zumba grrrrr
  • silvianog
    silvianog Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Think of the total weight you have lost vs the weekly or daily number.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Reference the scale disappointment, read this thread. It totally helps quell the scale freak-outs.

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

You look fantastic! Keep it up!
  • indigowildorchid
    indigowildorchid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I have 35 lbs to lose - staying motivated and consistent on the hard days, weeks, and months is the hardest part. Keep it up!!
  • awashi10
    awashi10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and your hair in both pictures looks so healthy
  • size102b
    Options
    Thankyou 💕
    Reference the scale disappointment, read this thread. It totally helps quell the scale freak-outs.

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

• size102b
    Options
    awashi10 wrote: »
    You look beautiful and your hair in both pictures looks so healthy

Awww Thankyou 😘
  • size102b
    Options
    What an inspiration! I have 35 lbs to lose - staying motivated and consistent on the hard days, weeks, and months is the hardest part. Keep it up!!

That’s so lovely Thankyou. You will do this 😘
  • size102b
    Options
    silvianog wrote: »
    Think of the total weight you have lost vs the weekly or daily number.

Yes very true
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!