Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Shopping List

Creating a shopping list for my diet and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on some real calorie savers? I am vegetarian, so no meat, but looking for some things that really fill you up but light on calories and fat. I have the usual like lite bread, low cal salad dressing, greens, fruits, but any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks! (((hugs)))

Replies

• DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    fat free greek yoghurt, nuts like almonds, peanut butter (contains fat but good fats), porridge oats
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    Porridge oats definitley, and I love sweet potatoes...
  • miracle noodes.
    lite silken tofu will make a great low cal sauce.
  • No salt green beans and no salt diced tomatoes are very filling and very little calories.
  • Thanks guys, great suggestions so far! Keep em coming! <3
  • Visser1971
    Visser1971 Posts: 131
    I just went to the market and bought for the coming week:

1 lb fresh green beans for steaming for dinner tonight
    1 kilo (2.2lbs) carrots (for steaming and munching)
    Almost 1 kilo cherry tomatoes for salads, and if you mix them chopped with dry salad dressing mix and let it sit for a while you can use some for a 'dressing' and you don't have the fat calories of the oil or other items to make the real dressing
    6 bell peppers (not green, I like the other ones) for salads and stir fry
    1 lb broccoli
    Lettuce
    Fresh Herbs mix, some basil and dille and others for the veggies (or for your meat alternative, what ever you include for proteins?)
    Bananas
    Apples
    Manderines (Mineolas)
    And then some meat and fish to go with it all. Already have rice, mie, couscous, potato at home.

3 square meals a day and 2 fruit snacks in between, and bada bing, no processed foods and without that you have a huge quantity of food to eat!

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Christy
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    salmon, fruits, veggies and some low cal snacks. Whole Foods has this great lightly salted popcorn (if you have one in your town)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Creating a shopping list for my diet and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on some real calorie savers? I am vegetarian, so no meat, but looking for some things that really fill you up but light on calories and fat. I have the usual like lite bread, low cal salad dressing, greens, fruits, but any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks! (((hugs)))

greek yogurt (as said) - can get plain and mix in some fruits.
    egg whites
    long grain rice
    fiber bars
    wheat thins "hint of salt"
  • Thanks for the great suggestions guys! Yeah I love Greek yogurt, the 0% fat Fage is delicious! Plus I'm Greek so I was way ahead on that trend :-P
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Spaghetti squash and butternut squash. There are many recipes online to prepare them.