Weight fluctuations?!!

Options
Does anyones weight go up 1-4lbs from day to day? Am I weighing myself too often? SO annoying!

Thanks
Jessica

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Does anyones weight go up 1-4lbs from day to day? Am I weighing myself too often? SO annoying!

Thanks
    Jessica

It's perfectly normal. Weigh yourself once a week, early mornings after waking up.

I fluctuated 9lbs one day.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I fluctuate about 2-3 pounds. It is better if I eat a very light dinner and eat my carbs early in the day
  • SadieLuvzWolvez
    Options
    yes but its normal. i weigh myself every day and can go from 223 to 228 or 230 to 224 but i only mark thursdays so yea just ignore it and track every week on the same day at same time generally after u pee in morning and b4 u eat! hope that helps!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Eat or drink and your weight goes up. Go to the bathroom, sweat, etc. your weight goes down. Fluctuation is normal.
  • trailrider1963
    Options
    I can gain 3 pounds a day. I'm sure it's water because it's far worse when I overdo the salt.
  • Maydalis
    Maydalis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yup. I weigh myself everyday several times a day and it goes up and up and up then down a bit... lol. It'll fluctuate between 2 - 4lbs. But I only record it once a week on Wednesday morning. That's when you really see the difference. If it's getting annoying watching the scale go up and down, don't weigh yourself so often. It doesn't really bother me though, I think it's interesting seeing how it fluctuates because I know come "official" weigh in day it'll be lower =)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    of course it fluctuates.... we eat food, don't we?

it's okay to weigh yourself more often- like to see how it fluctuates during the day- if you're just curious-
    or if you over indulge a few days in a row, and need a reality check....

but if it's going to weigh you down MENTALLY, don't sabotage your own efforts.

TOM (time of month) affects it too, as does (for me) higher levels of sodium intake on a particular day,
    or if my excretory system isn't working as it should, ect....

The scale is JUST ONE gauge of your progress....just ONE....
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! That happens to be normal. Your body has a range that it maintans weigh on. that's why i have my range as listed below. It sucks to see on the scale but pay closer attention to the 5lbs gain
  • BeeRod527
    BeeRod527 Posts: 104
    Options
    I gain up to 5 pounds throughout the day. As anal I'm gonna be, I kinda know when I fluctuate:
    -1 pound: clothes, water, no food for over an hour
    -2 pounds: shower and dry, breakfast, #1
    -3 pounds: #2, drinking too much water, lunch, dinner
    -4 to 5 pounds: shower with hair wet, eat something with too much sodium, PMS
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i flux ALL THE TIME...really frustrating...had to reset myself today...been inna funk since my bday, 08/13, and my weight when from 2lbs away from my first goal to 10lbs away... so yeah...after reading these responses, i feel better know'n im not alone
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Take it from me, an old WW girl, only weigh yourself once a week, same time, same day, preferably in the morning before you eat and after the lavatory visit. I don't have a scale so I go to the gym first thing and weigh myself. If there was a scale in my house I'd sabotage myself so fast obsessing it isn't funny