Struggling with protein

Options
Hey. I’m on lamotrigine and over the last six months my aversion to some foods is getting stronger every week. Before I started taking it I ate anything (apart from the aniseed flavour.

Now it’s got to the stage even touching meat (let alone the taste) revolts me. I won’t eat mushrooms, eggs, legumes (apart from beans on toast), shellfish or fresh fish (unless it’s fishfingers or fish from the chippy), any fruit apart from bananas, green veg... the list is getting longer.

I’m trying to increase my leg muscle for a sportive but am getting a tad concerned I’m not getting enough balance. Any ideas ?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Have you discussed this with your doctor? Maybe there are other drugs you could try.

What is your question exactly? Are you eating enough calories?
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Aside from talking to your doctor (which I agree with cmriverside), you can at least try protein drinks or protein bars for now. That way, you're getting enough protein and calories in.
  • MaryContrary1972
    MaryContrary1972 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have to take this one as it’s the only one which works. Sorry I was waffling lol. Protein bars are an excellent idea ty
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    tofu
    tempeh
    seitan
    TVP/soy curls
    yogurt/Greek yogurt
    protein powder/shakes/bars
    cheese
    frozen/refrigerated vegetarian proteins (Gardein, Morningstar, Quorn, Boca, etc.)
    nuts/nut butter/PB2
    milk/soymilk
    ice cream/Halo Top

My breakfast almost every morning is Greek yogurt, chocolate protein powder, chocolate PB2, and fiber cereal. Mix with a little water/milk until you like the consistency.
  • MaryContrary1972
    MaryContrary1972 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ty