Suger intake exceeding-solution?

Options
I have been tracking my food for a while and i noticed my suger intake is exceeding by around 5g. I usually replace granulated sugar with honey in my recipes. I try to keep overall intake genuinely low. Is there any other option to curb sugar without giving up entirely?

Replies

• Prady2012
    Prady2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    And I would add that you mention replacing granulated sugar with honey, but honey is still sugar, and will add to your sugar number in your diary.

I have never really worried about sugar other than as a curiosity while tracking my intake, and I found that as I focused on getting more protein and fiber into my diet (as they were always low for me) my sugar number eventually settled down below the preset goal on most days.

If you have a medical condition or a family history you are concerned about and would like to eat lower sugar, if you are drinking soda or putting sugar or flavored creamer in coffee & tea, switch to diet soda or sugar subs. Check packaged products like sauces, salad dressings, and flavored yogurts and pick ones lower in sugar. When using recipes for baking, many people find they can add a bit less sugar than the recipe calls for and not ruin the taste.
  • Prady2012
    Prady2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes. Most of my suger comes from fruits. Initially I thought honey is good, but now I feel I should consider other suger substitutes.I have ordered zero calorie suger and will replace honey with that.
    Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts.