Officially only overweight

Today is a big day! I am now only overweight, when I started out on the edge of morbidly obese. I have a bit to go yet, but I'm honestly not even worried about it. I KNOW I will get there and I KNOW that when I do, I'll be capable of maintenance. Such an amazing feeling!

I am 5'2, my highest weight was 210 and I wore size 16 Jean's and XL some XXL shirts. I am now 162lbs, wearing size 8 jeans and medium shirts.

I think my goal is right around 130 but I have no memory of anything under 155, so I'll decide as I go. We can do this!

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Congratulations! This is a significant accomplishment!!
  • amba89lynn
    amba89lynn Posts: 26 Member
    Congrats! That’s amazing and a big accomplishment!
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 190 Member
    Congratulations! I’m still 5kg away from being “only overweight” and like you, I’ve been plodding along slowly but know I’ll get there. And beyond!

Thanks for the reminder to keep going.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Congratulations! It's always great to see measurable progress.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    cheers-congratulations-meme.jpg
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Woo-hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Awesome job! You have totally got this in the bag.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Way to go!
  • Prady2012
    Prady2012 Posts: 41 Member
    congratulation
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    It's always a good feeling when you move into a lower weight class! Congrats!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Congratulations on all your hard work!

We have similar stats (I'm an inch shorter) and the same starting weight. I remember how good it felt to be where you were. You've got this!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Congratulations!! That's a lot of dedication to get to this point. Celebrate in a non-food way.
  • patrickaa5
    patrickaa5 Posts: 70 Member
    Congratulations!

That's my goal also. I'm half way there and have another 44lbs to go. Honestly, if I could just get to that point I'd be thrilled and most of my health related goals would be met. I don't really care to be "thin", but it would be nice to not be obese (after starting out morbidly obese).
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    How exciting ! Happy for you :)
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Congratulations! We’re in similar places on our journey so I totally understand just how amazing that switch over feels! :-) You’re doing great, good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • pmill03
    pmill03 Posts: 3 Member
    Congratulations! I can't wait to be overweight again. I'm also 5'2" and started at 205. I'm down to ~181 and can't wait to be overweight as well. So encouraging to hear from others on a similar journey!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    That's awesome! I remember that feeling and only someone who has been that high can really identify with celebrating being "overweight", lol. Great job.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    patrickaa5 wrote: »
    Congratulations!

That's my goal also. I'm half way there and have another 44lbs to go. Honestly, if I could just get to that point I'd be thrilled and most of my health related goals would be met. I don't really care to be "thin", but it would be nice to not be obese (after starting out morbidly obese).

Yeah, I though this as well and now am looking to get to near the top of normal (maybe 5 lbs over).

But congrats to the OP. It's a great realization.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Absolutely badazz!

Bravo Zulu!

Take progress photos and celebrate! Makes for a wonderful reminder when you hit your target weight.