What are some of your ‘rules’

Options

Replies

• asteriskthat
    asteriskthat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My only rule is:
    Keep going!
    Whether I go over one day (or week); whether I miss all workouts in a week; whether I 'forget' to log one day; just pick it up and keep *kitten* going!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    1. Don't stress
    2. Strength training 3x a week
    3. Walk/hike 3x a week
    4. Be honest with trainer
    5. Log everything
    6. Don't stress
    7. Don't complicate things
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Not to starve myself & let myself auto-pilot (let myself overeat when feeling lethargic; NEAT will usually take care of in the form of extra activity) - not going too far over or under kcals based on trending TDEE
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving something bad, I remind myself that it's still going to be there once I'm in maintenance and can ease up on my diet a little. Tasty junk food and carbs aren't going anywhere. They will be there once I'm at my goal :)

Planned "cheats" ONLY!!! I know myself, I know what will spiral my eating back to unhealthy stuff. Planned cheats for a day and then jump right back in to my diet.

Stop comparing myself to others! I'm doing keto and it's SO inspiring to see some folks lose really fast on it. And it is damn hard to not compare myself since my journey is much slower in comparison. This is one thing I have to remind myself of on a daily basis.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1. Log it
    2. Be picky. Only eat foods I like not just because it’s there
    3. Small portions
    4. Take pride in preparation and presentation. Have found this leads to me paying more attention to what I am eating which makes meals last longer but consume less.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Log daily no matter what I've eaten. Weigh weekly and log it whether I like the number or not. Walk a minimum of 5 days a week.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    If I don’t feel like doing my run, just get dressed to do it. Then usually I feel like I’m already half way there so I do it anyway. And if I’m running and feel like giving up, think to myself ‘just do 20 minutes, then you can stop’, then I’m only 10 minutes away from completely my run so I just finish it anyway.

Yes, the hardest part for me is psyching myself up to start.