Does anyone else feel this way sometimes?

Options
I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. I went to wake up my son to get ready for school and found him with a temp of 104.4. I gave him some medicine and sent him back to bed. I went back into my room and was going to lay back down after I took me vitamin and water pill. I only put 8oz of water in a cup say per the directions and weighed myself. I laid back down and began to feel ill. I wanted to wait a little bit after I took my pills before I at. It wasn't even 10 minutes and I was in the bath room throwing up. It was all water and alot more than I drank. I didn't see anything that looked like medicine and so I wasn't going to take anymore. I still feel yucky and like I could throw up. I did eat shorty after getting sick, something small. I had a yogurt and a special k breakfast bar thingy. I asked my Dad to come and sit with the kids so I could try to go to the gym hoping that would make me feel better. I do feel better, but like I can throw up any moment. Do you think maybe I need to eat something better? Maybe take a antacid and call it good. I don't normally take anything other than alive for a headache until I cut back my calories, and started eating better. Any suggestions other than going to the doctor? I hate going to the doctor and I've already thought about making an appointment! :wink:

Replies

• Shanel_Troia
    Options
    I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. I went to wake up my son to get ready for school and found him with a temp of 104.4. I gave him some medicine and sent him back to bed. I went back into my room and was going to lay back down after I took me vitamin and water pill. I only put 8oz of water in a cup say per the directions and weighed myself. I laid back down and began to feel ill. I wanted to wait a little bit after I took my pills before I at. It wasn't even 10 minutes and I was in the bath room throwing up. It was all water and alot more than I drank. I didn't see anything that looked like medicine and so I wasn't going to take anymore. I still feel yucky and like I could throw up. I did eat shorty after getting sick, something small. I had a yogurt and a special k breakfast bar thingy. I asked my Dad to come and sit with the kids so I could try to go to the gym hoping that would make me feel better. I do feel better, but like I can throw up any moment. Do you think maybe I need to eat something better? Maybe take a antacid and call it good. I don't normally take anything other than alive for a headache until I cut back my calories, and started eating better. Any suggestions other than going to the doctor? I hate going to the doctor and I've already thought about making an appointment! :wink:
  • rpowersrph
    Options
    make the appointment the flu is going around everywhere. the early you catch it the more the doctor can do for you get lots of rest and plenty of fluids.
  • Shanel_Troia
    Options
    I just made the appointment and cannot get in until March 7th.:grumble: I hate feeling like I can't eat or drink anything. I feel ill everytime I drink water. That is the only thing I dink now a days. Can anyone give some suggestions to making water taste better with out adding calories? I hate water and I try to drink as much as I can but it just tastes nasty....help:sad:
  • Catherinex
    Options
    I only drink ice cold water.. tastes far better :) and who knows maybe lose a few calories trying to reheat my body^^.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i teach in ohio and we have 7 kids out in my homeroom and 8 staff members out, so it's definitely flu season, but i would consider an urgent care if you don't think it's just like a 24 hour flu, hope you feel better soon!:sick:
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    drink some herbal tea, if you don't like it plain then add Stevia to sweeten. Stevia is all natural and has no cals.
  • UpDownMostly
    Options
    The most danger in this situation that I can see is that you could easily get dehydrated. You could go without a food a bit but not fluids. If this continues for a few days I would definitely consider urgent care to make sure something else isn't going on. I mean if you can't keep anything down, including liquids and you can't keep your medicine down this could be serious in a short period of time I would think.

That's my totally unprofessional opinion -- void where prohibited -- use with caution -- license tax and other fees not included -- not liable for any negative results from advice given -- should you wish a refund, please submit a refund form in triplicate to an undisclosed address and you'll be reimbursed at an undisclosed time. :)

Sorry feeling silly today.

Tim
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    One thing - if it is the flu or a stomach bug, you might not want to drink ice water or even very cold water. My dd was sick with a stomach bug a couple of weeks ago and very cold fluid made her projectile vomit - but when I started giving her room temp water she was able to hold it down and the didn't get dehydrated. I hope you feel better soon and don't push yourself if you are ill. :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    First, it is majorly flu season. Second, did I read right that you are taking water pills, as in get rid of extra water weight pills??? IF I read that right you need to stop that. I know you have a lot of weight you want too loose but that is not the way to go about it. Staying hydrated will actually reduce water weight on it's own, sounds crazy but true. Not to mention that keeping hydrated is probably the most important aspect of loosing and keeping weight off. If I read that wrong, never mind, but water pills are never a good idea.

Next, some people get upset stomachs from taking vitamins. You can do a few things for that.
    cut the vitamin in half and only take 1/2 with two meals. If your vitamins call for more than one a day you may only want to take one a day until your system gets used to them. I know you have been dieting for a few weeks and you may have taken them this whole time but it is not uncommon to have a sudden reaction to vitamins. Another option is to take your vitamin at night so it starts to do it's thing while you are asleep and any onset of nausea won't really bother you. It is usually recommended to take vitamins with a snack or small meal because they are potent and can cause stomach upset.

If it gets worse and you think you have the flu take a break and give your body teh rest it needs so you can come back stronger and more determined. I do hope you feel better.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's most likely the flu. It's everywhere right now! I have a book of natural cures, which you might not agree with but it has helped me quite a bit. There's great little tips in it like...Eat citrus and berries...lots of vitamin C! Warmed applesauce or juice will sooth you. Eat lightly...steamed veggies, soups, herbal teas. But don't force yourself to eat! Keep hydrated. Try hot water with lemon. Add any of these to a bath...tea tree oil, lavender, or eucalyptus and pepperment. Lots of rest! Gargle with warm salt water if you have a sore throat. Maybe some of those will help. Hope you feel better :flowerforyou:

:heart: Kels
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Anytime I take a vitamin on an empty stomach I get very ill. Do you usually take your vitamin with no food? If you don't then that may have been what made you sick
  • joanne123
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou:

you have some good advice here. I hope you feel better as the day has gone on

As a general principle I'd try to stick with fresh fruit and veg (I've had to learn how to cook and everything!), plenty of water (I've seen people here say it all the time that this is the key to loosing weight, wierd but it seems true), and good ol' exercise. Then unless you have other problems why take a vitamin pill etc.

If your son has a temp you could well be 'coming down' with something and, it may be different in the US, but here there's no cure for 'flu. You just gotta take plenty of water and rest. Its a virus anyway so no anti-biotics will help but I bet a healthy diet will.

I only like room temp water, just went off iced water one day and cant get back to it. I put lemon/lime into it.

Wish I looked as stunning as you in the photo by the way!! :smile:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    My whole family got norovirus a month ago that is Stomach flu DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING ACIDIC OR MILKY that means no fruit no yoghurt my doc had me giving the kids 1 pint water 2 tsp salt and 4 tsp sugar I always go for ice pops (not sugar free) if you aren't eating the sugar will help brighten you up or flat sprite not bubble left in it (again full sugar) Toast is also good but it can take a while for your stomach to recover so bland plain foods.

I agree with joanne123 you should not go to the doctor with flu you will just risk passing it on and there is no treatment you will probably be over it in a week just rest don't stress about no exercise I know it is a pain but if you put energy into exercise you could compromise getting better your body would be better fighting the bug not working out.

Get well soon:flowerforyou:
  • Kbrain228
    Options
    Hey I hope that you feel better soon! Just a few little tid bits that I have for you. I know that water pills can be really bad for you! I have seen a documentry about this. Also have you considered getting a water pitcher with a filter in it or one to put on your sink at home? I have the water pitcher and I will not drink plain tap water anymore it's just nasty to me! The filter makes a world of difference because before I hated drinking water and now that is all I drink! I hope that you and your son feel better soon!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Did anyone actually read that she is taking water pills and not only are they dangerous but that could be what is making her sick???
  • Shanel_Troia
    Options
    Ok, let me say, yes I am talking about water pills. I just got off my period and the blouting is crazy. It's not something I have done in the past or will cont to do unless I feel this way again after a period. It has been almost a year for me without a period. Today is the second day with the vitamin and the water pill. I am feeling better just a little heartburn. I only got sick this morning. I might have drank the cold water too fast, but I do have a dr. appt set up and if I get sick again I will call the office and see if I can get in sooner rather than later.
  • Jenny22150
    Options
    First, it is majorly flu season. Second, did I read right that you are taking water pills, as in get rid of extra water weight pills??? IF I read that right you need to stop that. I know you have a lot of weight you want too loose but that is not the way to go about it. Staying hydrated will actually reduce water weight on it's own, sounds crazy but true. Not to mention that keeping hydrated is probably the most important aspect of loosing and keeping weight off. If I read that wrong, never mind, but water pills are never a good idea.

Next, some people get upset stomachs from taking vitamins. You can do a few things for that.
    cut the vitamin in half and only take 1/2 with two meals. If your vitamins call for more than one a day you may only want to take one a day until your system gets used to them. I know you have been dieting for a few weeks and you may have taken them this whole time but it is not uncommon to have a sudden reaction to vitamins. Another option is to take your vitamin at night so it starts to do it's thing while you are asleep and any onset of nausea won't really bother you. It is usually recommended to take vitamins with a snack or small meal because they are potent and can cause stomach upset.

If it gets worse and you think you have the flu take a break and give your body teh rest it needs so you can come back stronger and more determined. I do hope you feel better.

I agree with this one...I have had the same thing actually happene to me several times:
    The first time after taking an additional supplement of zinc with my multi vitamin and I now but the target brand womens multi and if I take it on a empty stomach I throw up the vitamin and water about 5 minutes later!! whew!! I now take em on a full tummy!!!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you keep drinking water. There is nothing worse than being dehydrated!
  • its time for change
    Options
    I always get sick it I take vitamins on an empty stomach. If I chose to take a vitamin without food, I will only take my kids vitamins that come from the herb store. Kind of taste like flintstones but better for you. I can't tell you how many times I have vomitted or wanted to if I take pills on an empty stomach. The room will even start spinning!! I hope that you are feeling better now.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just made the appointment and cannot get in until March 7th.:grumble: I hate feeling like I can't eat or drink anything. I feel ill everytime I drink water. That is the only thing I dink now a days. Can anyone give some suggestions to making water taste better with out adding calories? I hate water and I try to drink as much as I can but it just tastes nasty....help:sad:

try squeezing a lemon wedge into your water! I loce it! It's also what I order when I go out to eat ( which is not very often)