TDEE to cut, length of cycle?

Options
I'm currently TDEE and seeing great gains in how much I can lift, how fast my mile is, cardio-endurance for cycle/swim, and minor weight gain. My question is, should I cut before a wedding I'm in that happening at the end of February or just stick with TDEE even though my BF% may be slightly higher? I've only been at TDEE for 4 weeks, I would be at 8 weeks and do a 6 week cut but I don't want to jack up my system and what not before I race in March (1/2 marathon).

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you are eating at maintenance/your TDEE?

Did you have a dress fitting for this wedding? Depending on your stats I would stick with recomp. You could still end up leaning out but remaining the same weight by February.
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I’m at my TDEE :)
    I’ve gained 3 lbs and lost about 4 inches overall in the last month in recomp (like .25 from various areas). Dresses are being shipped this week
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    You can’t be at TDEE if you gained not that 3 pounds couldn’t be water flux
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    You can’t be at TDEE if you gained not that 3 pounds couldn’t be water flux

False. I was at 1200 for too long to lose weight. My homeostatic weight is 135, meaning I’m still below that. An increase in calories, fluids (it’s dry here), etc will encourage my body to move toward homeostatis. Additionally, I just started my period which encourages fluid retention. Cutting calories is merely for cosmetic purposes

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I can’t even argue that because I have no idea what your saying lol. TDEE is maintenance. Maintenance means your not gaining any net fat or muscle at least at any appreciable rate In 4 weeks.

ETA: anyways.. I’d pick one goal and stick with it. 8 weeks this and 6 weeks that is spinning wheels
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Your post is really, really confusing!

Do you mean you are eating at your estimated maintenance calories?
    If it's just 4 weeks at maintenance a good part of your weight gain could be water weight.

Cut before your wedding if you want to be lighter, don't cut if you don't want to be.

The rest of it I think you need to rephrase as it's really not clear what you are doing and what you are trying to achieve.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I would just keep maintaining.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Eating @ maintenance (TDEE), losing inches (assuming waist, thighs, hips?), & gaining muscle...= better body composition/gold/"NOOB gainzzz". Would keep @ this as long as you can (it's not going to last very long)
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    I’m not a noob :) but I’ll keep at it.

Also, not my wedding 😂🤣 I’m in the wedding lol