Need some suggestions!?!

Options
When I first started this journey I weighed 240 pounds. I joined a weight loss/support group at my church and to date have lost about 40 pounds. However, for about the last month and a half I have been bouncing between 198 pounds and 200 pounds. I can't seem to break through this wall. 3 weeks ago my wife and I joined a gym and work out there three days a week and walk with our group from church once a week. I have also been good about tracking food recently, but still need some work there. All that and the scale still won't budge. Any suggestion on how to break through this wall would be great. If you friend me my diary is open so you can even look at what I'm eating. Thanks MFP.

Replies

• jlowensby
    jlowensby Posts: 142
    Options
    have you tried cutting your fat intake to 40-60 g a day??? I think that is the appropriate amount for males...
  • cmlewis86
    cmlewis86 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try a new workout routine. Your body gets used to the same workouts and it becomes hard to lose weight. If you change up your routine you can break through the wall.
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    a couple other things I noticed in a few days worth of your diaries- you are kind of heavy on carbs and as we get older, carbs kind of become harder and harder to manage (as in getting them off). Also-red meat. I love a good steak just as much as the next person- but have you considered replacing your ground beef with ground turkey? not the super super breast lean kind, just the same lean as you pick for ground beef-you dont lose flavor (i think it actually tastes better, fresher) and you lose cholesterol. I use it in tacos, chili, spaghetti and any where else i would use ground beef except for grilled burgers (ground turkey can be a mushy pain to grill). also, more veggies would be good.

I also recommend browsing other peoples diaries and check out what they are eating....lots of good ideas.

You seem to be not eating much, but yet heavy on fat and cals. So just some minor adjustments may help.

Edit* i also noticed the oatmeal you are eating-have you considered a steel cut kind, or atleast a "grown up" irish oats? IMO its healthier than the packet stuff and you control how much sugar,honey, fruit, nuts you add on your own.