Tan line advice?

fouchou09
fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
edited 4:26AM in Chit-Chat
Not sure where to post this!

Here's my problem - my sister is getting married in a month and I bought a really nice dress to wear. The problem is, I have TERRIBLE sports bra tan lines that definitely don't match up with the dress! They are only going to get worse before the wedding! I wear sunscreen every time I go out, but I'm out so much, I'm still darkening up.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Any solutions? Or am I just going to look ridiculous in the wedding pics?

Thanks!

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    You could probably get a spray tan. That might help even things out :)
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Try experimenting with self tanning lotions now to achieve a similar color with your tanned skin. Do it know so you know what would look good by next month. Good luck!
  • glowingz
    glowingz Posts: 63 Member
    There are a lot of good options for tanning lotions that will darken your skin. I really like Jergens Natural Glow.
    I avoid the sun at all costs 'cause I burn too easily and already have sun damaged skin, so I like fake tan. :-)
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Thanks for the advice! I think I'll try the self-tanner idea, hopefully I can match it up!
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Sally Hansen has a really good spray tan you can buy at walmart... It does not make you orangey( I am sure if you put on too much it would), but it helped me with tan lines~ I had a strapless shirt and needed them gone! I agree though, you need to do it now. It takes ore than one application to get you to the desired color. :) Good luck~
  • crtxo
    crtxo Posts: 1 Member
    i love jergens natural glow. i tan at a tanning salon and my armpits are still really white, so i use jergens to cover it up.. also, jergens has a natural glow lotion that helps firm, so not only are you getting rid of the tan lines-you'll be toning too (:

good luck!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Spray tan or self-tanning lotion just applied to the areas that aren't tan! Good luck!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Get one of those spray on tans at a tanning salon. It will look more natural
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    I am going to have the same trouble. I'm in a wedding in Oct. My work is outside & we aren't allowed to wear tanks, so I have the famous "farmers tan"! I haven't had much luck with the self-tanners, plus I hate the smell! I think I'm going to try a spray tan... good luck with your lines!!
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    I am going to have the same trouble. I'm in a wedding in Oct. My work is outside & we aren't allowed to wear tanks, so I have the famous "farmers tan"! I haven't had much luck with the self-tanners, plus I hate the smell! I think I'm going to try a spray tan... good luck with your lines!!

can you use a tanning bed? i've used one before a few times with sun block on the tan areas above the waist and nothing on the lighter spots to get them evened out. Its a lot of work, but depends on how much you want to do. My legs just got darker, but that couldn't be seen anyway.
  • BEST SELF-TANNER EVER!
    Victoria's Secret Beach Sexy Custom Tan Adjustable Self-tan lotion with Shimmer.
    Plus if you buy two they are only $10 a piece! You cannot beat that!
    But seriously, it is beautiful color and you change it if you need more bronzer or if you just want a glow. It doesn't streak or stain your hands! I will never use anything else!
This discussion has been closed.