Thin for my wedding!

Options
My name is Ali! I am 21 years old and i am getting married in a little over a year. When I met my fiance over six years ago I was very fit and thin, and i would like to get back to that for our wedding! It would be great to get married and not feel l ike a big icky fat blob the whole day! i would really like to loose about 30 lbs by the summer so I can start looking for dresses! wish me luck!

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My name is Ali! I am 21 years old and i am getting married in a little over a year. When I met my fiance over six years ago I was very fit and thin, and i would like to get back to that for our wedding! It would be great to get married and not feel l ike a big icky fat blob the whole day! i would really like to loose about 30 lbs by the summer so I can start looking for dresses! wish me luck!
  • lizburnsyb
    Options
    Good luck! You'll get all the support in the world here!
  • kimford28
    Options
    You can do it!!!! Good luck!
  • delightedin
    Options
    Hey I'm trying to get fitter for my wedding too - except mine is this August!!! You have all my support girl!! :happy:
  • MScaduto
    Options
    I wish you all the luck! I'm not engaged yet, but hope to be one day soon with my BF of 2 years.

If you really put your mind to this you can do it I'm sure. Who wants to look like a fat gross girl walking down the aisle? Not me and I'm sure not you.

I'm in my gf's wedding this July 5th and the dress she picked out is so tight......you would think that's motivation, but it's just stressing me out about my weight.

I think you and I could be good support for one another. We're around the same age and have the same goals in mind. I actually have a bit more weight then you I want to lose, but that's ok. We need to get in shape for these weddings. I also have a wedding in November that I want to look smoking hot for.......ahhhhhhh!
  • UpDownMostly
    Options
    Congratulations on getting married! Wonderful news. Hope you have a long and happy life together. Good luck with your goals.
    Tim
  • bishoph
    Options
    You can do it! My wedding was the biggest motivator ever to lose extra weight. I took a picture of my dress and hung it up so when I was heading to the pantry, I saw that dress :) AND if you are going on a honeymoon, even a BIGGER motivator since you will be in a swimsuit :) GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am getting married too! November 23rd!! I need to lose 60 lbs! I have lost 10 lbs so far! (started two weeks ago) I hung picutres of the dress I want all over the house to keep me motivated! It is working. My fiancee can't believe I have been getting up at 5 every morning to work out!

Good luck and keep in touch!

Heatther
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good luck girl! You can do it!

:heart: Kels
  • abrandenberger
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Just set your mind to it...and YOU can do it!! GOOD LUCK!!!:heart:
  • TheNettis
    TheNettis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to losing about 30 pounds before the summer! You go girl and good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • momathome
    Options
    Good luck you can do it. I just got married in Jan. and looking back at the pics I wish I could have lost some more but oh well. I also just had a baby a few months back and would like to shed some of that to get my body back....I miss it :cry: This site has been great. I love keeping track of my calories it really makes you think before you put something in your mouth.
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Hey! I am getting married in December... so the clock is ticking! Just remember.... we can do anything we set our minds to!
  • januaryblondaf
    januaryblondaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey girl... so.... congrats on going to be getting married. one thing... try not to try to look like you did when you were 15 :) you were still a child basically with a rediculous metabolism! be realisitic, youre going to look beautiful no matter how much you lose just dont be so hard on yourself.... just try to get to a weight your comfortable at and content with without trying to look 15 :-D many blessings.