Yo-Yo dieting

Options
Hello everyone, I'm Lisa. I'm new to this website, and am hoping to end my cycle of Yo-Yo dieting. Since I was a teenager, I have gone through a cycle of either only eating once a day, and exercising like crazy....to being lazy and eating everything I love. Needless to say, I go from being very skinny to being overweight. I'm desperate to lose 30 lbs and then maintain that weight. I'd love to have others to talk with about this, since I have not ever really acknowledged my problem.

Replies

• rdarmstrong23
    Options
    Hey I had the same problem! SO determined to SO discouraged- but this MFP seems to be the solution! Healthy eating is key.. Good luck!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Bumping the topic up for Lisa!
  • BerkleyEL
    BerkleyEL Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa!
    Welcome, and you can add me as a friend if you'd like!
    This site is a amazingly supportive place.

What kinds of exercise do you enjoy?
  • fionamacf
    Options
    Hey I had the same problem! SO determined to SO discouraged- but this MFP seems to be the solution! Healthy eating is key.. Good luck!

I have to agree. This helps you understand it's not about starvation and binge - it's about healthy eating and if you want treats then you can exercise. Good luck!
  • SexyKarma619
    Options
    Hi all...* I'm not new, but I just havent been very active on this site. But today is the day that changes.
    Just like many here I'm in that love hate thing with dieting or living a healthier lifestyle.
    Hopefully this marks the "first" day of the rest of my healthy life.
  • LisaBirren
    Options
    I love riding my bike, but just popped the front tire :( My absolute favorite form of exercise is dancing. I love going to clubs, and would love to join a dance class, but my hubby works a lot and we don't have a consistent babysitter for our son. I used run and go for walks, but in the last 2 yrs I've hardly exercised at all. I want to change that!
  • rara29510
    rara29510 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My favorite form of exercise is riding my bike. Since I started riding my bike in the neighborhood, it has now sparked the interest of most of my female family members and neighbors... We now have 6 to 7 riders every evening. Last evening, we rode 11 miles and that was quite an accomplishment for me. That was the longest I have ridden thus far. Each time I go out riding, I enjoy it more and more! :):happy:
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I was a yo-yo dieter my entire life because I love food, until I decided if I can beat them, I'd join them.
    Spike Diet-Eat a calorie deficit 6 days a week and then one day have a small surplus. Spike Day to enjoy the food you love and spike up metabolism to avoid starvation mode. It's very easy and honestly a fun way to lose weight.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa! You'll love this site!