What if you crate some awesome meals, that are filling...

farrightofleft
farrightofleft Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2018 in Motivation and Support
but don't reach quite a 1,000 calories a day and you're no longer hungry?

I have created some awesome salads in the last two days, and I haven't reached not even 1,000 calories. Problem is, I am no longer hungry by the end of the evening.

And each meal is balanced.

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    The odd day isn't a problem, but you should be averaging 1200/day minimum, unless you're extremely short and sedentary.
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    I suppose it depends on how short you are from the 1000 as well. If you’re sitting all day and you’re only eating like 900 cal then it’s not so bad.

I had a watch that calculated my energy expenditure for the whole day including sleep, sitting, walking, etc. And on a slow day, because I’m only 5ft i would not be spending a lot of energy and would on occasion fall short on my calories.

If it really bothers you, look at your macros and see if there is any nutrient you’re missing. Like you could be low on vitamin E for example and a handful of almonds sprinkled over your salads could sort it and add the calories you’re missing without bulking.

Another thing is you said that this has only been two days. Wait a bit longer and see if you really have a trend. The last thing you want is to create too big a deficit and then wolf down a pizza because you have starved yourself. This is all about sustainability !

Best of luck ! :)