Can your tell a difference? I don't really see it....

Options
Hi all

I guess maybe I am just thinking too much about this whole thing. I got a gym membership last month. Before when I was on a weight loss journey, I did Weight Watchers and I walked anywhere from 3 to 8 miles a day. I was very successful and the scale moved regularly. We're talking 2-3 lbs a week - a little fast, yes, but I have over 120lbs to lose.

The 16lbs that I have lost is nothing to sneeze at, but maybe I am relying too much on the scale. Does the scale ever "catch up"?

I typically do 45-50 mins of cardio 5-6 days a week and for 4 days I do a circuit of the machines in the Ladies Area at our gym. I do 3 sets of 15 reps on a setting comfortable to me, and usually by the last rep of the 3rd set, I have to push through it. I can't exactly say how much weight I am using, because they are resistance based - like giant rubber bands or something.

I tyically stay within my calorie range for the day - there are maybe 2 days a week where I eat out - like yesterday for example, my daughter was moving to college, so it was 8 hours of walking at the campus, running to stores for odds and ends, and we ate at golden corral (lunch), then I had to drive an hour to get my son at his college to bring him home for the weekend and we had dinner out also.

The pictures below are over the past month, about a week to a week and a half apart.....can you see a difference??

FromJuly17toAug20.jpg

SideJuly17toAug20.jpg

Replies

• susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    Yes, I can see a difference. You are slimmer through your midsection. Have you done measurements and kept track?
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in your face!!! you're doing great!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference. It's obvious in your face. You're doing fabulous, hun, keep at it! :)
  • rfcollins33
    Options
    yes, I see your tummy shrinking in. But, you really have to give it time. It's only been a month, right? Give yourself time, take measurements and use a pair of pants to scale how your body feels and is shaping up. keep it up!!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Your posture is better and it appears you have lost weight in your back and stomach.....both of which could explain the better posture.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Massive "before and after" type difference...well no. BUT! 16 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. I see a difference in the way your clothes fit. Your shirt falls smoother and you've lost a little weight off your face and arms. I bet you're feeling fantastic right? Keep up the good work! I can't wait to "Oooh and Ahhh" over the pics for your next 16!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    16 pounds is 16 pounds. Your midsection is definitely thinning out. Keep it up. Just wait until you lose the next 16 pounds!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    your face and your midsection! keep it up!! :D
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thank you all....I know, yes, it's only been a month, but I have this stupid instant gratification mentality. I always have...it need to go away!!

Measurements - my trainer did them, but I'm about ready to fire him...he wants me to buy shakes from him and put me on some "energy" pill. I do have a smoothie in the morning, but that's more for convenience than anything. I don't want to take a pill...I have high blood pressure so I am warry of anythign like that. I get tired of texts asking me to bring him $100.00 so he can order the stuff, but I don't want to get him in trouble at the gym by saying something to his supervisor or asking to switch trainers. He keeps saying the reason the scale isn't moving is because I need this "stuff". And no ,the stuff is not sold or endorsed by the gym. He olny checks my weight.....he hasn't redone my measurements.

Since my hubby can't tell a difference, I wanted to see if anyone else could.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i also see it in your face and midsection. keep it up!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you need a new trainer.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    face, arms, belly, all looking thinner!!! YOU ARE DOING A FABULOUS JOB SWEETIE!!! KEEP GOING!!!!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks again

Rhonda, funny you should mention the arms...I am kinda obsessed with looking at them, lol. That's the one place I can tell a HUGE difference because I am seeing muscle definition for the first time in YEARS there.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Measurements - my trainer did them, but I'm about ready to fire him...he wants me to buy shakes from him and put me on some "energy" pill. I do have a smoothie in the morning, but that's more for convenience than anything. I don't want to take a pill...I have high blood pressure so I am warry of anythign like that. I get tired of texts asking me to bring him $100.00 so he can order the stuff, but I don't want to get him in trouble at the gym by saying something to his supervisor or asking to switch trainers. He keeps saying the reason the scale isn't moving is because I need this "stuff". And no ,the stuff is not sold or endorsed by the gym. He olny checks my weight.....he hasn't redone my measurements.

You need a new trainer. While I understand you don't want to get him into trouble, you NEED to let his workplace know. They are potentiall losing clients over this fool.

Also to echo the others, I can see the difference in your midsection.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    You can definitely tell! Do your clothes fit looser? My mom recently lost about 15 lbs and was concerned that it wasn't showing...then she put on a dress that she wore this time last year to a wedding and it need to be taken in FOUR inches!! Definitely don't worry as much about the scale.
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    Fire the trainer! Tell the management about him!
  • lukesmama
    lukesmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a difference in your midsection and arms. Keep up the great work and fire that trainer :)
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I agree.
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    Fire the trainer! If I were you I would say something to his supervisor. who cares if he gets into trouble. He shouldn't be pushing that stuff on customers constantly. Great way to lose business though!

& I can tell a difference in your pictures. I'm sure by next month it will be an even bigger difference!
  • betty51
    betty51 Posts: 52
    Options

I agree.

yes, get rid of him !!! good for you to do this without taking pills!!!
    I did see a difference in your mid section !!!!