First day of the rest of my life...I hope

Options
Hi, I'm Katie. I'm 24 years old, I'm the single mother to a 3-year-old girl, I work two jobs, and I'm an overeater. I'm at a very unhealthy weight...I've actually reached my highest pregnancy weight (p.s. I'm not pregnant!). I need help. I've started a million diets before, only to quit before I make any real progress. I'm looking for friends who also want to lose weight so we can lean on each other for support. I live in the Augusta, GA area, so maybe I can even find someone who wants to go walking or get together and talk about losing weight. I really need to make this work this time around!!

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    one of the best things you can do is to answer the questions on your profile....why do you want to get fit....why do you want to lead a healthier lifestyle...what are your inspirations and your goals. Then read those every day. The mental part of getting fit is the hardest part. If you get the mindset working, you can achieve your goals. Just understand that it will be a journey...but its a journey you plan to stay on for the rest of your life. The quick fixes don't work (or, at least, they don't work long term). Patience is required.
  • kewlchik
    Options
    Thanks, I'm definitely going to fill out those answers!!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I know you'll do great here!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    This is a really great place to start. Good luck to you and just remember even if you have a bad day, tomorrow is another day and if you just stick with it ( even through the bad days) you will get to where you want to be.
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first step. You are a busy person with two jobs and your child. Make the food diary your important learning tool, be patient and very faithful in recording your foods eaten. Try very hard to eat on a regular schedule and healthy choices, this is so necessary. This is a goal for you: your child will learn from you and what can be more important than that???? Take time to think through what you are doing and what you want for yourself. Good luck, I"m sure you can have the success you are wishing for with this program. FG