Pizza equals a heavy gut!

Options
Geez Louise! I had one splurge on my vacation. Had a lot of pizza with the family last night and was up 4 pounds this morning. I'm assuming it's sodium and food weight....but holy cow! I didn't think it was going to make that big of a difference!

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Nah I think the gain is more on sodium and water weight because you have to consume 14,000 calories to gain 4 lbs. However you do need to watch out those pizzas especially if its has more pepperonis or other meaty stuff. One slice has about 180 or more calories.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    it's water, you'll be down in a few days. your body can only store up to .5lbs of fat in a day (at least that is what my nutritionist told me).
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I had to stop eating pizza because it sends my blood sugars up because of all the carbs in it. I really miss pizza!!
  • JDuMo
    JDuMo Posts: 3
    Options
    I had pizza yesterday and am up two pounds today. It's the sodium, I'm pretty sure.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Sodium certainly makes a difference, but wait a day or so and see.
    Not to be too graphic, but you might be much lighter later today when your body gets rid of the bulk from the food. That happens to some people.
  • LeslieReagan
    Options
    yeah i wouldn't worry too much about it. definitely think it's the sodium.

don't forget that it's also the kind of pizza you eat. last night, a friend and i ordered a chicken and artichoke pizza on whole wheat crust and it was the first time in a long time that i didn't feel heavy after eating pizza. so like anything you eat, it just depends on how it's prepared, how many slices, etc.