I need accountability, dammit!

Options
After ending my engagement in the beginning of 2016, I turned back to alcohol and food to make myself feel better. Within 11 months I gained 148 lbs and my body began to shut down. My kidneys and liver freaked out and my alcoholism exploded, which exacerbated my organ failure.

I began using the medication Saxenda in November of 2017. I had been slated to have roux en-y gastric bypass, but my doctors deferred it for three years considering my addiction diagnosis.
I went back to rehab (for the 13th time... yes, I know, holy *kitten*...) in September of this year. As soon as I stopped drinking, I dropped 30 pounds in two months.

Now I’m dealing with loose skin and uneven breasts and my desire to begin dating again is... lacking.

I guess what I’m looking for by posting is to free myself from feeling sorry for myself.
Any help or advice on how to deal with the rapid weight loss would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ames

Replies

• moody3361
    moody3361 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looks like your on the right track and know exactly what you need to do!!

I’m trying to come back from gaining 120 lbs in a year do to pour decisions and flirting with depression.

Everyone’s struggle is unique, but the thing you must remember is that none of us are alone. I am really glad that you posted here and shared your experiences, it’s inspiring to read what your presivering through.

Thank you,
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for all you went through. I too went through a broken off engagement but instead of alcohol (although I had plenty of that) I turned to binge eating. It just exasperated problems that were already there and I'm still dealing with it.
  • doubleIronDog
    doubleIronDog Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Believe!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Strong woman you shall achieve your goal that testimony should fuel your determination