This time is THE time!

Options
So, I’ll start off with one of those corny introductions....Hi, I’m Amber. 33 yr old banker in Wisconsin, wife and mommy of two amazing girls! I had my first daughter at 19 and have struggled with my weight since! I’m your classic yo-yo dieter. I’ll find something, stick with it for some time, lose some weight, then fall off the wagon and gain it all back....then decide to do it all over again. This has been my cycle for the past 13 years.

I’ve now managed to get to my all time high weight. I feel like garbage on a daily basis. I have diabetes, heart disease and cancer that run high in my family and i don’t want to be the next one with a life changing diagnosis.

I’ve never been a very healthy eater. My dad raised my sister and I on his own, working 60+ hours a week...so we ate a lot of fast food growing up. I don’t even really know how to eat healthy, besides the basics of “more fruits and veggies, less junk”.

Like I said before I’m a banker, which means I’m VERY sedentary. And even tho I don’t do much at work for activity, I really don’t feel like doing anything when I get home either. So one more thing I need to work on. My husband is super fit and has ran marathons and is currently training for an iron man...I’d love to eventually be able to run with him and maybe even do a marathon myself someday...

I have a long road ahead of me (with 100+ lbs to lose) and I’m just looking for others to keep me on track... Who can lend some support and who I can be supportive of as well. Now IS the time! I ain’t no spring chicken anymore, I don’t want to add to any more risk factors for my health, my girls deserve a mom who has energy to do the things they enjoy to do and my husband deserves a hot wife, darn it!!

So, really I’m just looking for some friends who can push me through this journey. Lend support, help to educate me on health and fitness, keep me accountable and others who could use some support themselves! Anyone is welcome to add me, I’d appreciate the support! 🙂

Replies

• fionamaryan
    fionamaryan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You sound super motivated! Exciting times ahead for you! Feel free to add me! 🤗
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber! You are ready! I can hear it in your voice. I would love to do this with you. As I was reading your intro I was thinking "man, it's like I wrote this."
    I will be 35 next month, have hit my all-time high needing to drop at least 40-50lbs, also married with 2 beautiful girls. We deserve to be happy! Let's do it!
    -Kim