Herbalife does it work?

Options
Is herbalife or any meal replacement A long lasting, life time solution to weight loss? Would love to hear anyones opinion !! I have peroanally used it and i have had friends use it with great results and people who are just starting the business ... Does it work?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    No--not a long lasting, lifetime solution to weight loss. It burns up money, and is a short term solution. Sooner or later you have to get your calorie intake under control, so why not start now? Buy your own protein powder, save money and learn healthy habits.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    It's a scam! As stated before, what happens when you stop taking their supplements? If you don't learn how to properly control your portions & get adequate exercise, you won't have any long term success.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    The OP said she has personally used it and has had friends who have used it with great results so why is she asking if it works???? Probably trying to drum up business for her friends.

I agree. Sounds like a marketing ploy.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    No, I don't personally know anyone who has lost weight AND kept it off using meal replacement shakes. I do know several people who lost some money trying to sell MLM products because they weren't willing to guilt friends and family into helping them "get started".

And even if you want to do something like that short term, Herbalife and other MLM shakes are ridiculously overpriced.

I don't find a shake fills me up enough for a meal replacement, but will sometimes grab a Slimfast or make a smoothie with veggies and protein powder as a quick snack.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    The OP said she has personally used it and has had friends who have used it with great results so why is she asking if it works???? Probably trying to drum up business for her friends.

I agree. Sounds like a marketing ploy.

Or possibly they smell something fishy about the whole thing and don't want co be confrontational with their friends.
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nope, It's an MLM. I'd stay away.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Is herbalife or any meal replacement A long lasting, life time solution to weight loss? Would love to hear anyones opinion !! I have peroanally used it and i have had friends use it with great results and people who are just starting the business ... Does it work?

Losing weight is just the first step.

How can Herbalife be a long lasting, life time solution? Unless, I guess the solution is to use Herbalife forever...blech. I like real food.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    if you eat in a calorie deficit you will loose weight. how herbalife fits into that doesn't matter.

so one CAN use herbalife and lose weight IF they eat in a calorie deficit.
    one can also loose weight WITHOUT herbalife by eating in a calorie deficit
  • crisma1974
    crisma1974 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It does work and I will tell you why. You drink 2 shakes that are around 200 calories each. And one small meal. You are eating around 1000-1200 calories a day. It works because you are limiting calories but paying a price for it. There is nothing magical in the shake itself or tea or pills. The only magical thing is that it will make your money disappear. You can make your own shakes instead of spending hundreds a month on this stuff. Trust me on this one. I tried it years ago and then analyzed what I was eating. Don't waste your money.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    works at draining your bank account.
  • Salixiana
    Salixiana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    This features Herbalife:

Great video! I totally had other things I needed to do, but I ended up watching the entire thing.