Breakfast

what are some great healthy breakfast that don’t take long to make because in the morning i’m a lazy college student😂 or even something overnight!

Replies

• _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    edited December 2018
    scrambled eggs with ketchup and feta cheese in a tortilla wrap:D You can swap feta for bacon. Easy, quick and filling
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    what are some great healthy breakfast that don’t take long to make because in the morning i’m a lazy college student😂 or even something overnight!

Protein enriched cereal for me
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Anything with porridge oats. Soak it in water overnight and stick it in the microwave for 4 minutes. Add a few blueberries and some pumpkin or sunflower seeds and job done!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Diced ham, egg, diced veggies of choice, cooked in microwave on a toasted light English muffin. You can do the chopping in advance and mix with an egg in the morning. A quick breakfast you can take with you on the way to class.
  • SVZee
    SVZee Posts: 76 Member
    Coffee :D
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited December 2018
    i make a batch of steal cut oats good for the next 3-4 days. I add vanilla extract while it cooks then cinnamon and frozen raspberries and nuke it in the morning.

i sometimes do overnight oats but they are generally not my favorite.
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    I like Kellogg Crustless Quiche, low cal, two minutes in the microwave and tastes good to me.
    https://www.kelloggs.com/en_US/products/ham-cheese-quinoa-quiche.html
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Something you can make the night before. I don't do overnight oats, but that seems like it would fit the bill. There are also egg muffins: https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/breakfast-egg-muffins/ (there are millions of recipe ideas for egg muffins on the web, I just grabbed one)

You could also do something easy like greek yogurt plus some berries if you aren't that hungry but want something. Not everyone would find that filling, but I would.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Grabbing a protein bar is the quickest breakfast I do (it’s also my least favorite breakfast)

Greek yogurt with a hard boiled egg is decent and lots of protein. And you can just grab and go.

Whipping up some scrambled eggs takes like 5 minutes. You can also pre-prepare it with veggies mixed in and store it in the fridge overnight then just dump it in the pan in the morning.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    I mix a scoop of protein powder in Greek yogurt and also have cookies.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Grapefruit, wheat toast, with sugar free jam, small yogurt.
  • bunnyaa
    bunnyaa Posts: 18 Member
    Boiled eggs and instant breakfast
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    20g store granola, 80g raw rolled oats, 2 tbs walnuts, 3 strawberries cut up, 1/2 banana sliced, 1 cup 1% milk.
    350 cal. Same breakfast 6 days a week for the past 25 years. Sunday I make something more interesting.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    “Healthy” depends on your health goals. What fits one person’s calories/macros may not fit yours. Having said that, many people like protein at breakfast, and I also prefer to get fiber then too.

I did chocolate overnight oatmeal with protein powder for a while. I also used to eat an apple or banana with peanut butter for breakfast sometimes.

I currently mix Greek yogurt, chocolate protein powder, chocolate PB2, and fiber cereal; thin with water or milk to your desired consistency.

If I am in a big hurry or want a lower calorie breakfast, I just grab a Quest bar.

Some people like protein shakes for breakfast, with or without fruit.

If I feel like cooking I might make eggs with cheese. You can add veggies if you want. If you don’t eat eggs, you can make tofu scramble plain or with veggies.
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    I mix a scoop of protein powder in Greek yogurt and also have cookies.

That’s my kind of breakfast!
  • DrivAnna
    DrivAnna Posts: 4 Member
    A great healthy breakfast can consist of the fruits that you enjoy eating.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    My typical weekday breakfast is a bagel or bialys toasted with butter, coffee (black), and a canelé. If I've worked out that morning there will also be protein powder mixed with water on my way to the coffee shop which I drink on my way to the coffee shop.
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Low fat plain Greek or Skyr type yogurt with some fruit of your choice (I use blackberries) and a couple of teaspoons of roasted, salted pumpkin or sunflower seeds (or almonds).
    High protein, lots of vitamins and minerals (fruit, seeds), healthy fats (seeds) and fiber.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    I like a quick English muffin sandwich; if you have time to cook an egg and fry a slice of bacon, great, but if not you can do avocado and tomato with ham, or cream cheese and turkey with spinach, or basically anything else. I like to buy the high-fiber muffins and then I just make sure to add protein, fat, and a vegetable!
  • kaosvarkas
    kaosvarkas Posts: 46 Member
    Anyone have any suggestions on what to put on an egg sandwich to spice it up a bit? I'm trying to avoid mayo or cheese.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    ^Sriracha goes great on eggs.