Anyone starting fitness before Christmas?Or is it just me crazy like that..:D

Options
Lelipo2019
Lelipo2019 Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hello fitness buddys,
I just uploaded this app hoping it will help towards my goal of six pack. I know it’s Christmas time, but i just can’t wait any longer. I am a new mum and remembering stuff it’s out of window.. so here i am, tracking it all down!
Keeping fit is important to me, it means not only good shape of my body, but sanity of my brain. :)
It would be nice to chat to you and hear your story.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    welcome ! i used this app years ago , then stopped but now also reuploaded it , hoping to lose some weight by xmas !
  • doubleIronDog
    doubleIronDog Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes I am in full swing! Christmas won’t even phase me this year!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started working out again just before Christmas last year. I see no point in waiting until the new year. If you want to make a change, start now!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, by starting now, you will be in full swing by New Year's when everyone else crowds the gym for two weeks!
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • Sue2bthin
    Sue2bthin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started also - a few days ago. Liked your post...glad to meet you...you/we’re NOT crazy! Let’s go!
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started the last week of November last year - although I did take a break between Christmas and New Years. I might do that again this year... or I might not.
  • Lelipo2019
    Lelipo2019 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thanks everyone for a warm welcoming! Feels good to be part of this fitness family. Let’s go!💪🏼 :smiley:
  • timgallegos15
    timgallegos15 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Definitely, feel free to add me, would love more friends for my fitness journey....
  • Musaniac
    Musaniac Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! Recently was challenged to a weight loss contest by my bf and am already so tempted by the sweets around me but I CANT LET HIM WIN. I'm super competitive and motivated - so here I am counting it all. Feel free to add me so that we can continue to motivate each other!
  • SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started right before Thanksgiving! I'm determined to track right up to Christmas - and then I'll take the day off. It's only one day! I'm not gonna sweat it :)
  • SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    Not crazy, but it is a sacrifice that most others are not willing to make--to their detriment, of course.
    December is the reason people enter January with their doomed 'resolutions'.

Your success in December is not only healthy, it's counter-culturally so.
    And if you can make meaningful progress in December you can do it any other time of year.

This is so true!
    Waiting until the New Year just means you are putting off an important goal till later - not a great mindset for success.
    Change can happen any time of the year!
  • PermanentlyExhaustedPigeon
    Options
    I started shortly before Thanksgiving. I've managed to lose decently so far, so yay!
  • megleighd
    megleighd Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started the day before thankgiving. Down 13lb whoop whoop
  • Blue_eyed_girl82
    Blue_eyed_girl82 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am. I'm out of school and need to get fit school starts back in Jan and I want to be in habit
  • nessie910
    nessie910 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Christmas is over a week away so there's a ton of progress that can be made between now and then. And if we do fall off the wagon for a holiday event, we just jump back on for the next meal and finish the day on a positive note and we're good to go!