28F, down 45, 136 left!

Options
Hi! I’m Cait. I’ve been overweight my entire life, struggle with fibromyalgia and anxiety, and I’m changing my life. For the last two years I’ve been getting a degree and working two extremely stressful jobs, in addition to severely stressful personal situations. I was drowning and my health took a backseat to everything else I was trying to juggle.

Earlier this year I hit 351, the most i’ve ever weighed. I was horrified and depressed by the sight of myself in the mirror and my pain levels were off the charts. I fixed everything else going on in my life and my body, mindset, and relationship with fitness and food were the last thing I needed to overhaul. So I started dieting and exercising in earnest for the first time in my life and stuck with it.

I’ve lost 45 pounds since 8/1. I cut my fibromyalgia medication in half. I can do HIIT sprints on a treadmill for the first time. I’m doing mostly weight training with light cardio to supplement and get my steps in, and I’m learning for the first time about building muscle and real fitness. I’ve never felt better and I can’t wait to get to my goal of 170 pounds. I’ve never been under 200 pounds since adolescence. No *kitten* more. I’m done suffering. My health is a priority over everything else now.

I’d love to be friends!! Add me if you’re looking for more pals and support on your timeline :)

Replies

• lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    well done ! im just starting out trying to lose weight , hope i lose a bit by xmas
  • cryptidsun
    cryptidsun Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress so far! It sounds like youre doing well!
    I suffer from a lot of anxiety as well and theres a lot of things that ties in with just to make everything difficult. But its amazing what can help with it too!