Slight Stretch Marks Due to Weight Loss

Options
Does anyone know a good product(s) for stretch marks as a result of losing weight⁉️😕

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are permanent, but they can fade over time.

There are products on the drugstore shelves that may help with the visability of them, but once you have them, you have them, and a lot of men and women do.

They are caused by the skin being stretched, but become more visible, for some, when weight is lost.

Cheers, h.
  • amyelizbeth
    amyelizbeth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stretchmarks are really common and everyone can get stretchmarks. Some are lighter than others, but there's nothing wrong with them but I understand if you don't like the appearance of them.

Like the comment above has stated, they're permanent but can fade over time. If you are wanting a product that's good for reducing the visibility - since there is nothing out there than can remove them completely - I think Bio-Oil can help with the appearance of them.
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Anything with vitamin E, oil of lotion, will reduce the appearance, but you’ll always be able to see them. Some less than others depending how prominent they are. Embrace them! I understand not liking their appearance, but love yourself as you are. They show where you’ve been and how far you’ve come.
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL for the helpful information and support! Sorry to have sound so vain. :(
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Most people have a certain amount of vanity, don’t apologize. Heck that is why I lost weight.

As far as your stretch marks go, you notice them much more than anyone else will.

Cheers, h.