'Plus size' running tights UK

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting running tights for a UK size 22/24? I'm struggling just to find nice gym clothes to begin with (because fat people don't exercise apparently!). :|

I read in a topic about running on here that women's running tights usually have underwear built in .. I have yet to find any like this! I've found that new balance and addidas do large sizes, however for women's clothes they either have 20/22 or 24/26 :(

I would usually wait to drop a bit of weight before I invest in decent gym clothes, but I'm working with a PT at the moment and she has me on 0.5-1lb loss a week so I won't be changing sizes too fast - I've just started training for a half marathon (3 runs a week), plus I do weight training with my PT twice a week, so really could do with some decent kit! :#

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    my running leggings don't have underwear in them, only my shorts.

not sure about sizes, have you tried sports direct? they have lots of brands and are reasonably priced as there's always a sale on.

i like karrimor running gear, apparently they go up to a 22
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options

not sure about sizes, have you tried sports direct? they have lots of brands and are reasonably priced as there's always a sale on.

Thanks, I get my running trainers from there actually. I've just had a check and they have a total of one pair of leggings in a 22 :# Will add them to my list of places to check regularly though!
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Try ASOS. Reasonably priced gym wear for the plus sized :)
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t touch their “vip” deals where you have to sign up to paying monthly but Fabletics high waisted compression leggings are amazing. The 7/8 length is perfect for me at 5’3’’. They go up to a 3xl I think.

Agree ASOS curve have some good bite and Nike plus range (some of it is available on ASOS) is good too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t touch their “vip” deals where you have to sign up to paying monthly but Fabletics high waisted compression leggings are amazing. The 7/8 length is perfect for me at 5’3’’. They go up to a 3xl I think.

Agree ASOS curve have some good bite and Nike plus range (some of it is available on ASOS) is good too.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my nike leggings, one pair is 4 years old and still going strong.
  • Nativestar56
    Nativestar56 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've not tried them myself but I know the guy who founded Parkrun has recently started a line of clothing called Contra. Its supposed to be ethical, inclusive and fair. They have a large range of sizes. In their words "It's time for a sports brand that doesn't shame people into physical activity but supports them instead." All profits go to Parkrun.

https://contra-movement.com/collections/products/products/womens-tights-black
  • _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

^This! I always buy Karrimor cause 1)they're high waist, 2) They're good quality and don't rip after a few washes, and 3) they're long enough (believe it or not, finding something that covers your ankles is a challenge when you're 179cm tall lol)