cont' from a newbe

Options
Ok, I think I want to put something else out here. I have been dealing with degenerative disc disease for nearly 7 years now. I use to be at a comfortable weight for me and very happy. Now I have 5 discs in my lumbar area and 2 in my neck that leave me in pain ALL the time. Until 3 months ago I went thru each day on m mixture of narcotics and muscle relaxers, sleep aids and you name it. I decided to ween off all that I can so now all I take is a narcotic twice a day. I'm always in pain and don't sleep much but the world is so much clearer. I played sports all my life until 7 years ago when an injury lead to my diagnosis. Now some days it's all I can do to get out of bed and take care of my household duties. Exercise is non existant for me these days so I must do what I can in the food intake dept to lose this weight. ~big sigh~ So, here I go and we'll see where this new venture takes me. Thanks to those who view this :-)

Replies

• tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Good luck to you! Chronic pain is hell and makes everyday things difficult.
  • mtaylor3348
    mtaylor3348 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried acupuncture? I know it's not a remedy but can help with pain.
  • levigal
    levigal Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks for the replies :-)

Yes, I did an electronic type of acupuncture and it helped alittle. Very costly though. I'm terrified of needles so the real deal isn't sumthin I wanna consider right now. Thanks for the suggestion :-)